“You Get What You Pay For”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wells
Sea Mist Resort Motel
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I don't really have too much to say about this place, except that it was one of the cheapest places to stay at, espec. on a holiday wkend. Very basic. Although our room was a 'non-smoking' room, there was a faint smell of smoke. The picture of the pool shown on the website looks much larger than it truly is. The walls/ceilings are thin so we could hear the young college students drinking upstairs, but then again they could hear the baby crying in the weee hours of the nite - so i'll call it even on that. The location is right off the main rd. Honestly, we didn't spend too much time there, and I dont expect much when it's a motel, do you?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed for one night at this motel. The room was very basic and definitely could use some updating. When I stay away from home there are just 3 things I absolutely require; 1. a good shower with pressure, 2. a good mattress (so my back isn't twisted in a knot come morning), 3. a comfortable room temperature. The shower pressure wasn't ideal but that's not my real complaint. The air conditioner failed or turned off in the middle of the night. We had the setting at high for both the speed and lowest temperature. Really, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the dials. I called the office around 1am but only an answer machine picked up. We couldn't open the window because this room was close to Rt. 1 and the traffic was very loud. It was a long night without a/c. After a terrible sleep or (lack of) I asked for a discount at check-out. The clerk was unable to assist me so she took my number and would pass it along to the manager. Surprisingly, the manger called me and said the a/c unit was working fine. He added the a/c unit "cycles" so it will turn off when at temperature. WHAT? The air was dead in the room. No movement of cool air or even a fan. I've never stayed at a motel/hotel where an a/c unit randomly shuts off; there is a fan working to keep the air flowing. So, instead of offering anything, the manager said there is NOTHING he can do. Absolutely, no business sense and recognizing when there is a problem and an upset customer. There are plenty of properties in this area, stay elsewhere if you like your comfort.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NYKaren
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Our stay for late July 2012 was included 3 adults: my husbAnd and I, and his cousin. We booked one of the "suites' with seperate bedroom from the pullout couch sleeper in the small living area.

We arrived after business hours very late because we flew into Boston and drove up the coast there to Wells. They were accommodating in havIng the key waiting for us at the late hour we arrived.

The rooms did have a smell of either smoke or pets, but we didn't complain & just toned it out.

The bathroom was very small, but worked out ok.

When others guests were in the room next door, it was very easy to hear them, and running of water, scooting of furniture,tv and media sounds, and even footsteps next door woke us up-guess walks should be thicker!

Location was fine- there's a convenience store easy to walk to across the street, but sometimes traffic on the hwy there was a bit heavy-summertime in new England? If you like the small town feel-you'll be right at home! There's a McDonald's & subway near, but those were the only 2 chain restaurants within real walking distance I noticed.

Would we stay again? Maybe, 50/50. We booked online... There's just something to say for seeing and stepping in a room before you book it.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Traveltoo2
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I wish to begin by saying that the review that follows will sound like sour grapes to some, however, I am going to report the facts and let you decide if this is the type of resort you would spend your hard earned dollars at.

I checked into the resort at 4pm and went out to visit friends with a home on the ocean nearby. I returned to the room around 2am and fell asleep...here is where the chaos begins.

At 540am I awoke to a loud crash and gushing water from the bathroom ceiling. I gathered myself, at first I thought a tree had come through the building during a storm, the water was that loud. I rushed to the bathroom to find that the light fixture globe had filled with water a crashed down and water was gushing from around the fixture. I looked for an emergency number (because the front desk is not staffed overnight). When I called the hotel number it went to voicemail. I got dressed and walked to the front desk lobby and found a cell number where I left a message. He called back about 5 minutes later and said he would come down to the facility. When he got there the water had stopped but the damage was done.

He toweled up the water and left...all of which took about 45 minutes from the initial event. He determined that the guest's shower above me was not closed properly and this caused the problem. I was exhausted and went back to sleep. I woke up at 1030 and packed up. When I checked out I was told by the receptionist that they were going to knock
30 dollars off my bill. I was appalled at this ridiculous gesture. They could not move me to a different room since it was a packed house so I dealt with it at the time figuring I would be comped a nights stay. He said it was not his fault that another guest caused this problem and that was all he could do...when pressed on the issue he offered 50 dollars off. I even suggested that I take care of this night and that he could offer me a free night in the future if I stayed two nights...a good business move so I thought. He refused...

If I went to a resturant and a guest at the table next to me got into a brawl and fell onto my table ruining my meal, I would think a manager would offer to take care of my meal...even though they were not at fault. It was about the experience and mine was poor...it shows that the owners do not understand the nature of the business they are in and the small cost it would have been to make a guest happy. However, I am unhappy and want people to be aware should something happen during their stay. Don't expect their captain to grab the wheel when the seas get rough!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank SQUAWSQUAW
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Found this hotel in a hotelcoupons.com book. Price was great, we had a double bed with pull out couch. Staff was very friendly, Pool Was AMAZINGLY clean. Everything was VERY clean. Rooms a little small. Kitchenette was great. Overall great deal but not sure I'd stay again. Would definitly recommend.

Room Tip: if you plan on using wifi get a room REALLY close to the office.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BobDFord
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The motel is kind of run down and out of date. It really needs some updating especially for the prices charged. It used to be a great motel, although they call it condos. Condos usually have more than a tiny sink, and I mean tiny, a microwave, small fridge and coffee pot.The room was dark with a Murphy bed. The shower was small. And if you want wifi you must be near the office to get it. The staff was great and the best part of the stay.

Room Tip: Get a room near the office if you need or want wifi.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Peke47
Reviewed April 23, 2012

What a nice CLEAN place...and dog friendly too! Originally found it while searching on RCI, and as typical went to resort site to check it out where saw an amazing deal ...so figured give it a shot...thinking the money we saved would help pay for fishing charter ( the BUNNY CLARK out of OGUNQUIT ROCKS!!!!) The motel was very neatly kept inside and out...you would never know room was dog friendly..I was pleasantly surprised. It was great to have the kitchenette as well! Now as far as exchanging , it is of course not equal to many of the resorts that participate...but as far as a motel goes...it really is a nice place. pool area was very neat, clean, and a pleasant addition. Minutes from Ogunquit and there is a large chain grocery store and some great restaurants nearby as well. The beaches in Maine are just great as well. There is a ton of stuff nearby to do rain or shine. Highly recommend Sea Mist and the area in general.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family