“Staff is nice.”
Review of USA Inn

USA Inn
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stayed at the USA Inn one night. We originally booked two rooms and then only needed one. The hotel policy is ten days cancellation notice and we were not able to provide that. They were nice about it and said if they were able to sell the room we would not be charged. Fortunately for us they did and we paid for only one room.
We had two adults and two teens. The hotel does not have roll-away beds, so one teen had to sleep on floor (our choice as we didn't want unrelated boy and girl in one bed). The hotel staff said they can only have four in a room and that is why they do not have roll-aways. I guess we should have asked before we booked.
I have seen many good reviews on Tripadvisor about this hotel. The things that I found to be true are: 1) Good location. You could walk to beach if you weren't carrying much and you are up for a bit of a hike (maybe a mile). There is Rite-Aid, a gas station/convenience store, putt-putt and McDonald's on same corner.
2) The desk staff is very friendly and helpful.
3) The price is very reasonable for the area (we paid total of $155 for a two bedroom)
4) Reasonably clean (except for some minor hair on wall behind bathroom door and a bug crawling on floor of bathroom).

The things I did not care for were the comfort of beds and the tiny bathroom. I found the beds to be very flat and stiff. The bathroom is so small there is barely room to dry off after shower.
Overall, this is an okay beach hotel is you are looking to save some money and don't need any frills.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for USA Inn

Reviewed August 9, 2010

This was a hotel we had passed many times and never stopped at. We are so glad we did take a look! The hotel is VERY clean and the bed was comfy. We look forward to coming back in the Fall.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

The USA Inn is a great place to stay!! The rooms in the Inn are wonderful, clean, spacious and fully equipped!

The owners are very very friendly and helpful with everything you might need. The first contact was over the phone and that made me decide to book a room in the inn.

I would recommend this place to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 18, 2010

My wife and I were at a motel down the street that was musty feeling so I decided to look around for something nicer. I almost didn't try this motel because it looked sort of industrial from the outside but the great price on the sign outside enticed me to at least look at it. I was surprised to find a very spacious room that was very clean and fresh feeling with a nice little balcony, lots of windows, a comfortable king bed, and only a mile from the beach - all for $30/night less than I was paying for the smaller, musty smelling room with only a queen bed down the street. Within 30 minutes we had moved to the USA Inn and ended up very glad we did. As an added bonus the motel is just a short walk from a nearby shopping center.

Reviewed July 6, 2010

This was our first stay at the USA Inn and we will definitely return! When we called for a reservation we requested a newer room with a king bed and were told up front it was $10 extra per night for this room type - this is also stated on their web site so we knew this in advance. The room was very large with a king bed, refrig. ,microwave, tv , balcony and extremely clean! The only problem we had was with controlling the AC temp in the room -but not a big deal. When we checked in, the man at the desk in the office was very courteous and we also encountered a cleaning woman who was very friendly. The staff all seem to take great pride in their motel! The location is close to many restaurants, mini golf and a short ride to the beach!

Reviewed July 1, 2010

The room was comfortable and clean. The beds were comfortable. My only negative comment is that we were asked to pay an extra $10 to have one bed instead of 2 double beds. Didn't make sense to me. Vertical blinds on the windows don't keep out the light and the air conditioner was very noisy. Overall it was a good place to stay and I would recommend it to others who need the typical "motel" when they travel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Once again had the opportunity to stay at this inn. Found it as pleasant and affordable as before. Room was clean and QUIET which is something we appreciate when we travel. Very helpful at the front desk and you got the sense that they really cared about their guests comfort. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple