“Get the halibut”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Food was outstanding! The steaks were cooked to perfection and my halibut was delicious. I enjoyed the fresh grown salad greens and vegetables from their on site garden. The basket of bread to start off the meal was heavenly.....my favorite was the rosemary infused. Didn't have dessert but I can only guess that they were equally delicious.

2  Thank Dawn M

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our first visit to Joshua's in Wells. Adorable building with lighting on the trees at night. Enter into a modest lobby. The dining area in the front is very nice with well spaced tables. For appetizers we tried the wood grilled mushrooms. Shrimp sauté, duck pate and beef tenderloin brochettes. All excellent, my favorite the duck pate and beef brochettes.
Dinner entrees: I had the hand made mushroom ravioli which was fabulous!! My daughter ordered the filet mignon which was done perfect black and blue on a true grill. My brother ordered the duck which was good. The salmon which my friend ordered was ok good and the weakest dish not so flavored. We prepare salmon at home on cedar and marinate wonderfully. Overall. This restaurant was excellent and we are thrilled about our discovery. Our waitress was professional. Don't forget to try the home made ice cream!!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

At JOSHUA'S you feel like the kitchen staff had prepared dinners for President & Mrs. Obama, but brought them to your table by mistake! The "grown in their own garden" veggies and their homemade maple ice cream are spectacular as are the presentation of your piping hot meal and cool & crispy salad. We look forward to meeting special friends here at least twice a season to savor the flavors of' Joshua's meals while catching up on conversation as the staff does not rush you! This is a "must go" restaurant for anyone who reads this!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We did not expect such a restaurant on Route 1and what a nice old New England house. The atmosphere inside envelops you. The service with Jennifer was exceptional, she explained not only the menu but the restaurant's approach and philosophy and she was so pleasant.

Local products, perfectly prepared is the culinary rule here. We started with fried fresh artichokes hearts and a perfectly matched aÏoli. The haddock was flawless with a crispy skin and the stuffed chicken breast with prosciutto, basil, provolone was simply divine. A perfect Cline Mourvèdre wine from a decent wine list completed this meal where every course was simply superb.

We can not what to go back.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The food is absolutely the freshest and tastiest at each course in all of the Ogunquit/Wells area! We are making this our top restaurant every year as a "must visit" when we vacation in Maine. The presentation was beautiful, the waitress was lovely and fun, the atmosphere was romantic and not noisy. The alcoholic drinks were as they should be, not weak like so many bars and restaurants in the area. And to top it off, the homemade pie was just as good as any I would make and everybody loves my pies! The homemade ice cream was out of this world. All this makes me want to move back to Maine.

The long wait is absolutely worth it as everything is freshly made. We were so relaxed with our dining partners. Thank the owners for their attention to detail!