“Second visit and, hopefully, many more to come”
Review of Joshua's

Joshua's
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Joshua's is absolutely delightful: warm and comfortable setting in an old house, friendly welcome and service and to-die-for delicious food. I dined there by myself last Friday evening and enjoyed every minute of my visit. The dining room was full; still, my table was ready and waiting for me at the time of my reservation. My server, Anne E, was gracious and knowledgeable, and the food was absolutely delicious. The steamed mussels in a curried coconut broth were the best I've ever tasted. Thank you, Anne, for extra French bread to soak up the extra juice. Halibut was cooked gently and garnished expertly, and dessert was home-made and wonderful. Joshua's is definitely a place I will return to again and again.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

First time visit selected mainly by the overwhelming majority of excellent and very good Trip Advisor ratings which turned out to be highly accurate. There were four of us (two couples) with early evening reservations (a must). Two had an alcoholic beverage, three had a starter, and all of us had a dessert. The bill with tax and generous tip for two was $111. I had a caesar salad, duck entree and a dip of their homemade ice cream. All excellent. Other selections included grilled mushroom and a pate starter, fresh turbot fish, and a rack of lamb. Everyone was very happy with their dinners. The entree's had a medley of fresh vegetables, including fiddleheads. Our server was fantastic (Jennifer from Romania). Definitely will be on the list next time we are in the area.

1  Thank Philly2VT
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was so lucky to receive a gift certificate for Joshua's, and recently had an amazing meal there. The atmosphere was cozy and simple, but beautiful. The service was top notch, and the food was phenomenal!! Everything was so beautifully prepared and fresh. The gnocchi melted in our mouths, and the salmon was the best Ive tasted!! Even the cocktails were unique and wonderful. What a treat! This is certainly a restaurant that takes pride in itself. And they have so much to be proud of. We cannot wait to go back again!!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Every time someone from my family goes to the area we always reminder each other well in advance to make our reservation. Food is great, a lot of home grown veggies and spices, and homemade deserts. Our waiter on the last visit was a little odd, but he was still very good. Only upset by there no kids rule, will need to find a babysitter if i plan on going back in the next years! However I respect there decision to keep the restaurant atmosphere the way they want, and will respect it.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Excellent food and service in a very cozy atmosphere. In our party of 6, 4 had the nightly special which was grilled swordfish, while I ordered the chicken stuff with Serrano ham, basil, cheese, lemon zest and one other had the roasted haddock. All of the food was excellent, not to mention the home made basket of breads that were served in advance of the meal...particularly the house-made molasses bread. Everything is house made here, including the breads and salad dressings. Give Joshua's a try, you won't be disappointed,