“Super!! Food was Delicious - Atmosphere was Great”
Review of Joshua's

Joshua's
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

While in Ogunquit, we asked for recommendations for a nice meal. We were told that Joshua's was the place to go. It definitely was. I had a filet that was prepared to perfection with the best bread in the world made by Joshua. It was pleasant - not overcrowded but cozy feeling. The waitress Andrea was outstanding. Stopped to chat several times and tell us about the region and the food. My husband had the swordfish and he was impressed as well. We declined the dessert as we were both extremely satisfied. Joshua's is a real treat - if you are in the area, you MUST go!

2  Thank Becky052

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I have eaten in 5 diamond restaurants and have not had meals as good as the ones we had at Joshua's. The food is outstanding. The restaurant is quaint and the service is excellent. Whenever we are in the area Joshua's is a must and we've never been disappointed. The food is fresh, prepared to perfection, and the chef has combined ingredients together that make delicious dishes. The grilled mushrooms, crab cakes, and steamed dumplings are amazing starters! You can't go wrong with the haddock, chicken, and filet on the regular menu. We have tried many of Joshua's specials and have been amazed at the combinations he has put together to create mouthwatering dishes. Make sure you leave room for dessert. Joshua bakes his own and the ice cream is home made as well. The vegetables are grown on his parents' farm and you get to meet them has they are the host and hostess. Everything is cooked to order so don't plan on a quick meal where you're rushed in and out but a relaxing meal that allows you to savor each course and enjoy the company you're with. It's not a place to bring the kids.They have a very good wine list and the Mojitos and Blood orange martini's are out of this world. Make sure you make your reservations at least a week in advance or you'll need to find another place to eat. Don't miss out on eating at Joshua's, I know I won't!!!

2  Thank auntdab417
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A cozy old Colonial has been transformed into a romantic setting the delicious fresh food. Friendly staff, including the Chef's parents, welcomed my husband and me. Very good wine list. The pasta special was fragrant and very good. The Cesare Salads just right. We had a gift certificate that we lost, and we were using the 2nd one that we had been gifted, I lamented the loss to the Hostess (mother). Without any hesitaion, she wrote out another one for the same amount. I was quite impressed. With integrity like that at the front to tht of the dishes served, we will be going back and back again.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just an average place...little food for the price but good at best.
Not sure about how true are these reviews for Joshua's.
There are better places in Wells to try!!

4  Thank devratnam
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Joshua's is one of our favorite restaurants in Maine. My husband and I just went there for our anniversary dinner. We sat in the innermost dinning room which was very cozy and romantic. We both had the Cesare salad, crab cakes and the haddock with the caramelized onions. Everything was very fresh and delicious. I loved the crab cakes. They were small but all crab and very little filler. We live on Cape Ann so we are used to good fish. We were not disappointed with our haddock which was very fresh and the onion topping was really crunchy and went well with the fresh, flaky fish. Our waitress was excellent and has been at Joshua's for a number of years. In fact we have had her wait on us at another anniversary trip. Everything at Joshua's is very fresh. In season, much of the produce is from Joshua's parents farm and other local farms. Would love to come back in the summer to see what is on the menu. Our only complaint would be the length of time it took between our second and third course. Our waitress apologized and said that there was a very large party just before us and that the kitchen is somewhat small. We totally understood, but felt like we were not that hungary when our entree arrived. All in all it was a delicious meal and a lovely anniversary.