“OMG - Wonderful!!!”

Joshua's
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NYC area
“OMG - Wonderful!!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This was our first visit to Joshua's and I cannot imagine why we waited so long to try it. It is fantastic. There was absolutely nothing that we did not like.

The hostess who seated us was so warm and friendly, as was our waitress and all the other workers there. They all smiled! I do not think I have ever before been to a restaurant where all the workers looked happy.

We loved the atmosphere. This is an old house with several small dining rooms that all appear to be quite pleasant.

The food was absolutely fantastic. I had haddock with vegetables, without any butter, and both were delicious. I think this was the best haddock I ever had. This dish also came with lemon risotto with mushrooms, which sounded delicious, but I do not eat dairy and this was made with butter and cream. We shared the fried artichoke hearts as an appetizer as a friend who frequents this restaurant recommended them. My family had mixed reviews on these. I loved them. My husband did not care for them and both daughters thought they were okay. (Our daughters are both adults.) My husband had chicken, which he usually orders, and thought it was very good. One daughter had the lobster pie special. I think it was one of the best things she has ever eaten in her life and she is a foodie. I still remember the expression on her face when she took that first bite. Our other daughter is vegan and the chef made a special meal for her, which he will do with 24 hours notice, as I was told when I made our reservation. He made her quinoa with vegetables which she said was very good.

For dessert, one daughter got the dark chocolate homemade ice cream which she said is the best chocolate ice cream she has ever had. It was served with whipped cream and dark chocolate bark. I had decaf coffee, which was excellent. Desserts looked wonderful, but we do not usually order desserts.

All of us highly recommend Joshua's and look forward to returning. It is a good idea to make reservations far in advance.

• Visited July 2011

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Our server was excellent, the restaurant is cute and the food was fresh and local. Tasty too. Very reasonably priced as well. If you are in the area (Ogunquit/Kennebunkport), I would definitely make the drive to Joshua's.

• Visited July 2011
NY
“Wonderful”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Food and service great. Wine prices very reasonable. A restaurant and chef worthy of a more auspicious location.

• Visited June 2011
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Not one thing below a 5. After 3 days of great food in Boston, this dinner in Wells exceeded all of those by far!

1 Thank Terriojai
Wells, Maine
“Great, fresh, consistently delicious food!”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I have been dining at Joshua's for the past 6 years. The menu is not large but everything
on it is cooked to perfection. They grow or source locally most of their produce.
As for desserts, the home made ice cream is wonderful!
Favorite menu items are whatever pasta special is on the menu and the fried artichoke appetizer.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank mainediner040

Been to Joshua's? Share your experiences!