“Way Over-Priced During Off-season”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Wells
NY
“Way Over-Priced During Off-season”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2009

We usually love staying at Hampton Inns and we pulled into this one to inquire about a 2-night stay. Now mind you, this was off-season, AFTER Columbus Day weekend/foliage and in the middle of the week to boot. Price for a standard non-smoking room was $149 plus tax. No AARP discount, no AAA discount, .....take it or leave it.(parking lot was mostly empty this time of year) We left it and went down the road and got a one bedroom condo at the Elmwood for $89.. I wonder what their in-season rates are? $300 a night???

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank crickerpicker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Ashford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2009

Yes it is a Hampton Inn and so it has a lot of features that are repeated throughout the world but none of them can be complained about and one of them is absolutely outstanding - the bed and the bedding. We have had a similar experience (in the Westin on Key Largo) but not at this price!! Breakfast was standard fare but with pretty weak orange juice which may not have ever seen an orange but we would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

I stayed here on HHonors points, and am quite thankful that I had plenty since otherwise the hotel would have set me back $170, and that is the only issue I have with this place, given its location. The room is fairly standard for Hampton Inns: very comfortable, with nice amenities and free internet. We had a room on the top floor, in the direction of the beach, but there are no views of the ocean from this place. There are two areas where Hampton Inns often have weaknesses: one is super-slow elevators, and the other is inadequate space for the free breakfasts (the breakfast here, as in most Hamptons, is quite good though nothing too impressive). I'm happy to say that neither of these problems is present in this Hampton Inn. It also has a decent indoor pool, rec room, and computer terminal.
So I like the place, but I'm really curious as to why a hotel which not only doesn't offer ocean views, but isn't even within walking distance of a beach (or much of anything else) charges so much... Well, I'm certainly no expert on Wells, so I'll have to stay befuddled on this. If it suits your budget, you'll like the rooms.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Capitola, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2009

My husband was diagnosed with pneumonia when we landed in Maine and we
needed to hole up in a hotel until he was able to finish his antibiotics. The Hampton
Inn was a nice place to stay during that time period. The desk helped me find a restaurant I was looking for so I could get take out food. The breakfast buffet was nice and varied.
The cookies in the afternoon were outstanding.
Only thing that I missed was haviing a phone book in our room. They no longer provide that.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveler90
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

It is not often during our travels that a hotel will exceed my expectation with service and cleanliness, but the Hampton Inn and Suites in Wells Beach certainly has earned high marks from this persnickety traveler. We could not but notice the cliche' "new car" sort of smell and cleanliness to perfection throughout the property. One would think it just opened for business recently; however, this inn is 3 years old, with the appearance and feel of a brand new hotel. The staff is friendly and goes out of their way to provide prompt, friendly service. The lobby, hallways and rooms are well decorated and well maintained. Our 2 queen studio suite ($210/night) was one very large open room, with a nice kitchen area, dressing area and small bathroom. This roomy suite was immaculate and nicely furnished with a fine decorator's touch. The bedding (and sofabed) provided us with quite a comfortable night's sleep. The breakfast area in the lobby is just as spotless, as is the pool area. There is a large brick patio just outside the indoor pool area with tables and chairs, flower gardens, and a lovely landscaped lawn. My husband and I enjoyed a relaxed evening with drinks and conversation on the comfortable patio while the teens enjoyed swimming only steps away in the pool. The shuttle bus to the ocean stops nearby every 20 minutes, but if you choose to drive, the beach is a straigh one mile away. During the day we drove our car, parking in the public lot without any problems ($15 day rate). Our stay here was absolutely perfect. I give this Hampton Inn in Wells Beach an EXCELLENT rating and would not hesitate to stay here again, in fact, I look forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank iTeachVirginia
nursegirl12
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

My husband and I decided to go away for my birthday and thought Maine would be a nice place to go in the winter. When thinking about hotel options we decided to do it right and stay in a nice hotel that was a little more on the romantic side they your typical wells hotel. We reserved one of the rooms with a king size bed and a hot jet tub right in the room. We were a little early arriving to wells so we figured we would check to see if our room was ready. Sure enough it was ready way ahead of time. The guy who checked us in couldn't be any nicer. The entire staff was so nice and so accomodating. The room was HUGE and very nicely decorated. Everything was so clean. The bed was amazing, we still talk about it to this day. We always say we would love a mattress like they had there. The amenties that this hotel had were also fabulous. They had a wonderful breakfast setup that went from really early in the morning to check out time. They also have free internet with quite a few computers and a nice office setup that is avaliable to everyone. Everything about this hotel was just so nice. We had a wonderful relaxing weekend. The only down side to this hotel is of course the price. As they say " you get what you pay for" When we consider going back we always think about how much it costs and then have to think twice about it. All together wonderful hotel though.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nursegirl12
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

The staff and feel at this Hampton is very nice. They seem to go out of their way to please you and it was clean. The room though was very stuffy in that you can not open the window.
I had an allergic reaction on one of the two nights we stayed and almost considered going out of the hotel in the middle of the night in order to get some air. Fortunately, my medicine remedied the situation. The room was smaller than what I had imagined from the photos.
But we had stayed at another Hampton last summer and did have a larger room with a balcony down in Chincoteague so perhaps I was thinking this would be the same size with open windows too. The pool area and pool is a nice size and conveniently located to the elevators so it is easy to get your kids in and out. The breakfast was good and offered many choices. The exterior of the hotel is rather institutional looking and as I had said we had stayed at another Hampton which was a lot cozier and more upscale in feel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wells
Village by the Sea
#3 of 36 in Ogunquit
King's Port Inn
King's Port Inn
#3 of 8 in Kennebunk

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit? Share your experiences!