“This place is fantastic!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Can't beat this place for the Wells/Ogunquit area. Super clean, nice rooms, great staff. The kids loved the pool and hot tub area which was also one of the cleanest, nicest I have seen in any hotel. Great breakfast included in the cost plus free wifi. So great!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our family stayed here last week. The hotel was clean. The room was clean, and the complementary breakfast was more than sufficient. omelettes, bacon, sausage patties, cereals, oatmeal, toast, english muffins, make your own waffles, orange juice, etc., etc. I don't see how anyone could say the breakfast was lacking. The staff kept everything full too.
The mattresses were some of the best we've experienced in any hotel, although the pillows were so soft they were practically non existent.
My only complaint was the air conditioning in the room. They have sort of a motion sensor tied into the a/c so that if there is no movement in the room it assumes nobody is there, and automatically resets the temperature to a preset level which was too hot for me. I had to keep getting up to readjust. Maybe there was a way to override, but I never asked. I understand that they utilize this sensor in order to minimize their energy costs, but I found it annoying.
The indoor pool is on the first floor, and the kids made good use of it. Again, a very clean facility.
The hotel itself is not on the water, nor in view of the water, but it is close enough for a very short drive to beaches and towns. Try Perkins Cove for a nice stroll near the entrance to Marginal Way.

Room Tip: pool and breakfast are on the first floor so a first floor room is convenient..
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We decided to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Wells - Ogunquit in Maine as the primary reason for our trip was to visit Ogunquit Playhouse and to see the beautiful area of Ogunquit and Wells. The hotel is about 10 minutes on a good day meaning no traffic. The bottleneck is always at Shore Road and US 1 route, especially in the evenings and weekends. Allow plenty of time to get to your destination.

The hotel is not too bad a stay for families. There were 5 adults and we opted for the suite with 2 Queen Beds and the sofa bed. It was a good size. The bathroom has a door but the sink is outside in the open close to the beds. I wish there was a door that would provide privacy in the sink area as a change room. The beds were extremely clean and it was a comfortable sleep.

Housekeeping could be a little more forward-thinking. We stayed here for 4 nights and on all those days, we had to ask for clean soap on the 3rd day. The soap we had at the sink was getting mushy. Eww! Maybe anticipate what your guests need?

I like the breakfasts in the morning. This is the first Hampton Inn I've stayed in that has variety in their breakfast items. One morning, we had fresh cut watermelon. Other mornings, we had blueberries and raspberries. So good with cold cereals! The lady in charge impressed us very much! Kudos to the lady in charge! She made sure everything was in place and was always replenishing. The hot food items also varied each day and that was nice, too! One day it was bacon, another day, we had sausage.

The business centre was very useful. I like to be able to surf the net quickly and print whatever we need.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Most people would not think of a Hampton Inn as a place to stay on a Maine vacation. The exterior of this property is out of character for the area. However, this was a delightful experience. The hotel is very clean, well appointed, and easily accessible from Rte 1. Located between Ogunquit and Wells's beaches and attractions, it is ideal for exploring the area. The breakfast was tasty but the breakfast area was a bit crowded.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Upon check in room was found not to have been cleaned. Urine on toilet seat, toilet not flushed, dirty towel on back of bathroom door, hair all over bathroom floor and in tub, toe nail clippings on floor in front of nightstand, dead flies on windows sills, cracked ceiling light in bathroom, and medications in floor plant pot. Staff offered to send housekeeping and I requested new room after being unable to find another hotel in area. Next room had something gritty (sand or sugar) all over counter area. After staying one night we returned to find that housekeeping never came that day to clean the room and when we called to let the desk know they didn't offer to send them. Actually when we stated that we needed towels and shampoo we were told to come to the desk and get them. Hotel did offer to refund us one of the two nights stay however we booked with our credit card points which they didn't know how to do and suggested we contact them to ask for a refund. Entire stay was awful, staff was less than accommodating. Location is not really within walking distance to anywhere; beaches are too far to walk as is the town in ogunquit. if you don't mind driving though it is an easy quick drive to either ogunquit or Kennebunkport. I have stayed at Hilton brand hotels almost exclusively and doubt I will ever again after this experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank thetravelingcrew
Reviewed August 2, 2013

WE stayed at the Hampton Inn because we stayed there before. The staff was very accommodating for our wish of adjoining rooms and refrigerator. We were traveling with a small child. The cleanliness of the room and bedding was as expected - super clean. Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and pleasant when asking for assistance. WE enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank BobMan957
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here for a stop overnight when an unexpected family emergency occured. My grandfather became extremely ill, and he was rushed to the hospital. We were very unfamiliar with the area, obviously, being from NJ.... and I was extremely scared. The staff were fabulous when this occured. The receptionist offered to take me to the hospital which was a 40 minute drive to the hospital. I couldnt believe it. On top of that, the receptionist then came back to the hospital, and took us back to the hotel, when my grandpa was discharged. I cant say enough about this place. It was fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. Also....he bed was soooo comfy, as you can imagine, after that eventful night!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stephanied831
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wells
Wells - Ogunquit Resort Motel & Cottages
Gorges Grant Hotel
Gorges Grant Hotel
#5 of 36 in Ogunquit
The Coast Village Inn & Cottages

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit? Share your experiences!