All reviews the main house grocery store directly across the street coffee maker dairy queen owners live air freshener family business four nights every summer new owners free wifi nice pool wells beach non smoking hotel room good size rooms are clean
Selected filters
Reviewed October 3, 2016

My husband and I stayed at this hotel one night on our way to Acadia National Park. The innkeepers, Peter and Lisa, were both very welcoming and gave excellent recommendations on where to find dinner and breakfast. We would stay here again in a heartbeat! The room was immaculate and the bed was very comfortable (my husband is a light sleeper, so this is a serious plus!), and there is a supermarket right across the street, which does not hurt! Also it is about a mile from Congdon's Doughnuts, which serves excellent coffee!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Lisa G, Owner at Footbridge North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2016

I'm so glad you chose to stay with us on your way to Acadia. It was great speaking with you and really, it's not to hard to recommend Congdon's Donuts. It's so good that I forgot how great their coffee is!

Hope you had a great time in Maine and will come back again to stay with us and enjoy more of our beautiful area!

Reviewed October 3, 2016

We only stayed one night as we were just passing through. Our room was large, very clean and contained a kitchenette with stove top and microwave. The room was comfortable. Our only comment would be glad the room was dark and the few lamps did not cover the room meaning it was too dark to read. There is a supermarket across the road which was handy. The hotel was quiet even though it was on a busy road.

Date of stay: October 2016

Thank you for staying with us. One night or many nights, you have many choices in Wells and I'm so glad you chose our little hotel.

Thank you for your comments on the lighting. On our list of improvements for 2017 is adding wall sconce reading lights. I agree, the lighting is fine if you're watching tv but not directional if you want to read.

Thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed October 1, 2016

We just spent 3 nights here and what a nice place! The rooms are spotless and the staff is very friendly and helpful . Very good restaurant recommendations and very convenient to all the sites in the area. Would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to family and friends traveling to the area.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you Abby for staying with us. We love our location! Close to so many destinations and many dining options! The beaches are a big draw but you've pointed out that there's more to do here and be comfortable too!

Thanks again!

Reviewed October 1, 2016

My sister and I recently spent two nights at the Footbridge North Hotel . We were made very welcome by the owners and had a fantastic stay such a pity we could not stay longer . The beds were very comfortable , bedding , towelling & rooms spotless .

Room tip: My sister & I had a lovely stay hear . We are both over sixty and walked to two different resteraunts both less than a mile from the Hotel .
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Sister get away's are the best! I'm so glad your stay with us only made your time spent together better.

I hope you'll come back and stay a little longer!

Reviewed September 25, 2016

We stayed here overnight in between college visits. The hotel room, was very clean,beds were comfortable and the owner was very accommodating. Nice location, central to everything. I was there with my daughter and friend and felt very safe. I would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Lisa G, Owner at Footbridge North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2016

Thank you Darci for staying with us. Our adult kids are well, adults now but it wasn't that long ago that we were making the college rounds. Exciting and a little terrifying too. I'm glad we could accommodate all of you during such big life change visits.

Come back anytime. Especially if your daughter chooses one of the colleges close by!