Footbridge North Hotel
Hampton.com
$159
$193
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $252/night.

$209
Seacoast Motel(Wells)(Great Value!)
$152
The Coast Village Inn & Cottages(Wells)(Great Value!)
$150
$146
Travelocity
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

USA Inn(Wells)(Great Value!)
Wells-Moody Motel(Moody)(Great Value!)
$139
$132
Priceline
The Beach Rose Inn(Wells)(Great Value!)
$115
Priceline
All reviewsonly comment would belocal beachesgreat locationcoffee makergreat wifithe main houseroad noisescoop deckwonderful hoststhree nightsevery summerclean roomsroom was largepleasant staygrocery storehotel roomget away
Reviewed July 13, 2015

I am a regular visitor to the Ogunquit/Wells area but honestly, have always tried to avoid during the Summer due to the crowds. My sister booked Footbridge North and am very pleased she did. It was close enough to get into Ogunquit minus the non-stop crowds. Also, very close to 95 to get to Portland. Unlike a lot of places on Rt 1, the rooms are behind the main building so very quiet. The most wonderful surprise was the pool in the way back which means it was private and again, quiet. The pool and the surrounding area was spotless and SO relaxing. The rooms were also very clean and quiet, comfy beds. The owners were a pleasure to have around and were very helpful. Will most definitely return. By the way, Las Olas, across the street has wonderful Mexican food and literally a walk across the street.

Room Tip: Request room farthest towards the back for maximum quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
Lisa G, Owner at Footbridge North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2015

Thank you for pointing out how quiet our property is! People assume that because we are located on Rte 1 that it MUST be noisy. Not so! With the hotel set behind the main house and the pool nestled amongst the trees, the most noise you'll hear are the birds that enjoy our birdfeeder.

We look forward to seeing you again! Safe travels!

Reviewed July 12, 2015

I booked a reservation with this hotel in June. The policy says you pay half if you need to cancel BUT my husband & I had to cancel because we just found out we were having family from CA. visiting that weekend. Being almost 6 weeks away, We felt they would work with us. The room for aug. was 145. They charged my credit card $215 for canceling. My husband and I are appalled they would not even work with us to Lower the cancellation fee seeing how they do have 51/2 weeks to book the room. The owner Lisa was extremely rude. She said to cancel she was in it for $80 already. I asked to just charge the $80 and she said conversation was done....Very very poor customer service . Any hotel would work with you on a cancellation with plenty of time to change. I booked thru booking.com because they offered the rate of $145. They made an attempt to call But that was it. I will make sure that our friends that said to go there and many others know what a terrible policy this is and be careful if you do book with them. Had we not given them plenty of time to book We could understand But policy is terrible . Now WE never stayed there and its 5 weeks away when we cancelled !!!

Room Tip: Do not book unless you are positive you can make it!!! Things may come up as it did for us!!!
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel S
Lisa G, Owner at Footbridge North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2015

Rachel,
We've never met in person however I appreciate that you took the time to review your telephone experience with me. You're conversation closing remark to me was an obscenity. Despite that, if you'll check with Booking.com and your American Express statement, you'll see that I refunded your total deposit with no fees charged several days ago.

It is our goal to provide everyone with an exceptional experience. Whether that be on the telephone or in person.

Reviewed June 27, 2015

Everything from day one was perfect. Clean beds, sheets, bathroom, verity of kitchenwares, microwave, coffee maker, fridge - just everything is perfect about this hotel. Moreover, the staff is very kind and always willing to take care of you. They were very kind to the extend that, when I requested to move my check in/out dates Lisa did it even though she didn't have to. It's hard to get the Kitchenette booked but if you get it, you are fortunate and I promise you will love the stay.

Room Tip: Kitchenette is the best
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled on business
Lisa G, Owner at Footbridge North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2015

Thank you for noticing how hard we work to make our guests comfortable! Life gets in the way when you plans and we know this all to well so if changing your stay makes your life better, we are happy to do it!

Reviewed June 24, 2015

On a very last minute trip and booked online. The owners Pete and Lisa are attentive, friendly, and professional. This hotel is small, quite and extremely well maintained. The room was wonderfully clean, the beds comfortable and quaintly accessorized. I was surprised to find a kitchenette, microwave, coffee maker, etc. There was plenty of hot water in the morning (a little low on the water pressure, but not a big deal) fresh towels and lovely smelling shampoo.

Pete greeted me with print outs of restaurants, places of interests, and even generously offered to help with my luggage. Since it was only an overnight stay, I didn't have much he could help with, but I appreciated his offer.

The pool was crystal clear, and the night before they were hosting an American barbecue for foreign exchange students. These are salt of the earth folks running this hotel.

I would highly recommend this gem to my friends and fellow travelers who are looking to experience small scale hotel with big scale accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled solo

Thank you for noticing that we give back. The girls on the porch are students from China and are here in Wells for the summer. They are learning about America and we wanted them to know that we're not everything they see on TV!

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Whether it be one night or several, we are happy to host! Come back again and we'll all enjoy the porch together!

Reviewed June 22, 2015

My wife & I spent 3 nights here and have to say it was clean in and outside,comfortable, and the hosts Peter & Lisa were very nice and recommended areas to visit and eat. My wife had forgotten some of her jewelery and a half hour later we got a call from Lisa telling us this. She told my wife she would mail them right away.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple

It's easy to leave things behind. I remember doing it myself once. A watch my husband had given me and meant so much. The hotel sent it back to us and so I will always remember their kindness. Pay it forward!

Hope to see you again!