The Coast Village Inn & Cottages
$159
Hampton.com
Wells - Ogunquit Resort Motel & Cottages(Wells)(Great Value!)
$87
Footbridge North Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
$87
$76
Belle of Maine(Wells)(Great Value!)
$74
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Elmwood Resort Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
$119
USA Inn(Wells)(Great Value!)
$86
$81
Ne'r Beach Motel(Wells)(Great Value!)
$64
Wells-Moody Motel(Moody)(Great Value!)
$79
$75
The Garrison(Wells)(Great Value!)
$74
$119
All reviewswalls are a bit thinpineapple roomscreened in porchnice poolthe main housefree coffeebeds were comfortableplace to stayhot waterplan to returnmovie theatergrocery storenice stayflat screen tvlocation is greatthree nightsgreat weekend
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This property is run by a family and that's just what you get when you stay at the Coast Village Inn and Cottages, your part of there family. We rented cottage 5, motel room 24 and the Sand Dollar Suite. Let's start with the cottage which has 2 bedrooms,small kitchen, bath with shower and a screened in porch with chairs. The cottage has air conditioning was very clean but had a cottage feel which my son's loved. My son from Virginia brought his black lab and he was also very comfortable. Room to run or just relax..My parents stayed in room 24 which was great for them as my dad doesn't walk very well so parking close was wonderful for them. The room was clean and in the morning the sun was shining in. Two sturdy chairs were outside the door so they could sit and visit if they wanted to. We stayed in the Sand Dollar Suite and wish we could have stayed longer. It was a huge suite with 2 queen beds in the same room, pull out couch and a huge kitchen with all the kitchen amenities. With 8 of us we could all gather here for cards, games etc or use the beautiful patio right outside our door. Our room was quiet, clean and well decorated. The pool was clean and the surrounding picnic/grill area was a huge plus. I can't say enough about this property and the wonderful time we had here. If your looking for a nice, clean, pet friendly place to stay in Wells Maine, this is the place for you.. The staff was so friendly and if you needed anything they would do there best to help you. We are already planning for next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ccyr
John and Cynthi... P, Owner at The Coast Village Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for sharing your opinion on your stay here with us at the Coast Village Inn. Whether you are a single traveler looking for a little reprieve or a group of many, we have wonderful space and accommodations to meet most any need. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have you back again, and again, and again. Warm Regards from the Coast of Maine!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

There is little to like about this place. The bed is practically in the parking space; the shade on the door closes in a way that it is possible for anyone to look in; the floor is uneven; the shower is nothing more than a thin metal stall; the TV is from 1983; we could hear the man snore in the next room; we heard a woman clear her throat in the next room! The woman running the place was friendly. We liked her dog! It was over-priced.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank David S
John and Cynthi... P, Owner at The Coast Village Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

We are sorry the room did not meet your expectations and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I do take exception to the title and comment that "there is little to like about this place." The vast majority of our guests find much to like about this place - cleanliness, value, beautiful grounds, swimming pool, hard-working and friendly staff and location come to mind. The room you stayed in is part of the “front 5” – the oldest rooms on our property. And yes, the rooms are older, but we try and provide all guests with clean, comfortable and secure rooms, and also try to provide a good value. We are new owners and look for constructive criticism and when possible try to address issues to make our future guests stay more enjoyable. While we can’t simply tear down and replace the front five, we do work hard to make sure they are very clean, comfortable and are a fair value. We do have more updated rooms in the back for just a few dollars more, but we have many people who enjoy the front five and request them in advance. Thanks

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Convenient location with trolley stop at entrance. Local pharmacy, supermarket/retail strip all within blocks of each other. The managers/owners (Cynthia, John and mom) were all helpful, friendly and went above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable and happy with our stay. We rented a double occupancy, ground floor unit in the motel. The room size while comfortable did have some issues; musty smell (quickly corrected by the AC), tired decor. The beds were comfy and the refrigerator and microwave in the room were an added plus. The pool was clean and refreshing. The complimentary daily coffee and tea was a welcoming touch. All in all, The Coast Village Inn, is the perfect place for a quick getaway weekend between two bustling towns, Kennebunk & Ogunquit.

Room Tip: Ceilings and walls are thin. Request a room away from families and children.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
John and Cynthi... P, Owner at The Coast Village Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our future guests. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here. I hope you stay with us again when visiting Wells, Maine.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed in Cottage 2 from July 13 - July 20. You get exactly what you see. Cottage is rustic but clean, well equipped and a good value for the cost. Pool area was clean and well kept. Our family greatly appreciated the outdoor pool. Management was always friendly and ready to assist with whatever we needed. Also, it is in a good location. Everything is either within walking distance or, a short drive away. Trolley system is close and easily accessible. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anna C

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found the cottage to your liking. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Ok, I know that "you get what you pay for" And yes, I choose to stay in Cottage 10, a cheaper alternative. I didnt expect much, but I guess I didnt expect to see or experience the things I did. There was no where to park the car next to the cottage. The lady at the front desk said there was, but to honestly pull your car up a small grassy knoll to park in between trees and the cottage is ridiculous. We didnt have a 4X4. We had to park our car up above the cottage in the parking lot and walk (with all our luggage) down a grassy hill. Thankfully it wasnt hot out, because like some other reviewers, didnt know there was no AC in the cottages. There were lots of stains on the carpet. The TV would not work. I thought about calling about the TV but honestly it was almost 9PM and we just went to bed. The little porch on the cottage that is supposed to give you a "homey" feel was dirty and the chairs were dirty and the screen was ripping away from the frames. The water in the shower would go from hot to cold with no warning. And there was not one outlet to be had to blow dry my hair, or use a curling iron or charge any electronics. They were all taken from the fans in the windows and the lamp. I know managment isnt going to be happy with this review. I know that the cottages are cheap to rent, but at least do some maintenence on them. If I visit again, which I will, I will definatley not rent a cottage. I will have to try one of the rooms everyone is giving rave reviews about. And I was ready to let the front desk know about my concerns the next morning, but we left super early because we could not sleep on the terrible mattress. You could feel the coils on your back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
John and Cynthi... P, Owner at The Coast Village Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

I want to first start out by saying thank you for your review; and, perhaps to your surprise, to let you know, I do not mind your review. Everyone is entitled to their opinion with regard to what they experience when they stay with us here at The Coast Village Inn and Cottages. Your review has given me reason to look a few things differently and to make changes so our future guests will have a more enjoyable experience. When I re-read your review, overall, I feel as though this was the wrong accommodation for you. You are right, we do have many other room types. These other choices are better suited for some travelers. Perhaps you would have preferred the back motel which is newer. The overnight cottages are a perfect choice, not just for the budget conscience, but they are a perfect choice for folks who like to camp (without hassle); or, used to camp in their younger days. The overnight cottages, or as I like to call them "the wooden tent" are older units that offer the basics ~ clean, comfortable, safe place to rest, shower and "shave." When they were built they were not built with modern-day conveniences in mind. They have basic electricity but not enough outlets for several electric devices to be used at one time. I guess the true beauty is to 'unplug' while you are here! They're restful, relaxing and most importantly, surrounded by a wonderful place to make some great vacation memories. Kind Regards, Cynthia