The Coast Village Inn & Cottages
$159
Wells - Ogunquit Resort Motel & Cottages(Wells)(Great Value!)
$87
Footbridge North Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
$87
$76
Belle of Maine(Wells)(Great Value!)
$74
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Elmwood Resort Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
$119
USA Inn(Wells)(Great Value!)
$86
$81
Ne'r Beach Motel(Wells)(Great Value!)
$64
Wells-Moody Motel(Moody)(Great Value!)
$79
$75
The Garrison(Wells)(Great Value!)
$74
$119
All reviewswalls are a bit thinpineapple roomscreened in porchnice poolthe main housefree coffeebeds were comfortableplace to stayhot waterplan to returnmovie theatergrocery storenice stayflat screen tvlocation is greatthree nightsgreat weekend
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I'm sure the Coast Village Inn & Cottages is great for families of all ages, but I traveled there with just my almost 4 year old son. We had a fantastic time. The little cottage (#7) we stayed in was tiny and rustic, but that suited us just fine. It was a fun little adventure, and it brought back memories of camp for me. The best part was the pool. The gradual incline is perfect for new swimmers. My son had never been in a pool before where he could stand up with his head above water. This gave him the confidence to try swimming around with his floaties. As many reviewers have noted, the management is excellent. We really enjoyed meeting Cynthia, her mom, and her housekeepers - a group of students from China there for the summer. The property is very centrally located, so we were able to get to different parts of Wells, Ogunquit, and Kennebunkport easily. It was truly a magical time. I found out about this place through this website I came across: http://www.exploremainetoday.com/cheap-family-vacations.html There are a number of good tips here for families with young children, so check it out for more info when planning a trip.

Room Tip: If you're thinking of one of the small cottages, keep your expectations in check. It's more like a summer camp than a hotel. But if that's what you're looking for, it's fantastic!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hollywd
John and Cynthi... P, Owner at The Coast Village Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Oh - what can I say! Boy was your son a little charmer! We ALL enjoyed his company and (with smiles on our faces) continued to talk about him for the days following. Children have a magical age and your son is certainly in his 'sweet spot.' I appreciate your taking time to leave a review. I think you are correct with your room tip "If you're thinking of one of the small cottages, keep your expectations in check" (mainly because they do not have air conditioning). Personally, I like to refer to them as our wooden tents! Better than a tent, however, they have electricity, indoor plumbing, cable TV, a roof and a screened in porch. Hmmmm - not so bad after all! They are perfect for small families (2 to 3 persons total) looking to travel budget-wise. Hope to see you again next year! Glad you all enjoyed the pool!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at The Coast Village Inn from May 22nd 2013 - June 1st 2013 with my friend Jamie. We found our stay very enjoyable, and were very impressed with the friendly and welcoming service we received. Myself and Jamie were very happy and we have nothing but praise for The Coast Village Inn. We traveled from the United Kingdom and we were traveling around New England and found this place on a budget, It can sometimes be a bit difficult being so far from home, but John and Cynthia made our visit so pleasant. I know Jamie in particular spent more time in their company, however they really did make us feel welcome and comfortable! The rooms were clean and cosy, the area is lovely, there really isn't anything more we can say! We just felt the need to write a positive review as Wells is such a lovely place to visit, and if you ever do visit, then myself and Jamie would recommend here fully! Thank you once again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
John and Cynthi... P, Owner at The Coast Village Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Hello! So good to see you took time to post your review and share your experience. I hope the rest of your summer is going well, Joe. No matter how little or how long guests stay we try our best to make sure everyone's experience is good when they choose to stay with us here at The Coast Village Inn. Your stay was in the spring but now that most of the rain has passed, everything is green and lush around the property. It's a nice little get-a-way. If you pass by please stop in to say hello (or better yet, book a room :-) I wish you safe travels!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Excellent stay all around. I stayed in the overnight cabin and it was a good old fashioned cabin with everything you need. It had a fan,cable tv and nice clean bed and towels and a screened front porch. I stayed two nights and it could not have been better! Close to everything. Pizza across the street, Hannafords too! The owners are wonderful! I didn't get to swim in the pool because of weather however it was beautiful and I liked that there were no steps it had a ramp into the pool nice and easy. Fantastic value for the money. Hope to return next year!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Hello and thank you for your review. Our over night cabins are a solid choice for one or two persons travelling that want to get away and back to nature. I'm glad your reprieve was just what you expected and remember, the pool will be here for your next trip! Hope you come back again soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed for one night enroute to our vacation destination. It was a pleasant room - with parking right by the door which we appreciated. The bathroom was dated but the owners are both super friendly and for one night, a dated bathroom that works is just fine. The water's hot and the pressure in the shower is good. Cynthia provides tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the office in the morning, but there's no breakfast...so suggest you drive down to Congdon's Doughnuts down the street, pick up some donuts, and bring them back to the room. We did that and with Cynthia's coffee - she makes great coffee - it's a nice start to the morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor and thank you also, for your compliments on the coffee. As you mention, we are nearby to many locally owned restaurants (one being Congdon's) where they DO have delicious doughnuts!!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

John & Cynthia were great hosts and made us feel right at home upon our arrival. Our room was clean and well appointed and the comfy bed made for a great night's sleep. The inn was centrally located to everything we planned on doing during our stay and the price was perfect. I highly recommend staying here if you are planning to visit the Wells/Ogunquit area and are looking for a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacob B
John and Cynthi... P, Owner at The Coast Village Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at The Coast Village Inn. We are very glad you had a restful time. We take pride in our 4-C motto - clean, comfortable, conveniently located and caring staff!