“Average diner food”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed July 12, 2010

The Maine Diner was the half way point of our trip to Acadia/Bar Harbor, so we ate there on 7/3 and 7/11. The first time I had a lobster roll and it was ok except for the stale roll. The second time I had a corned beef hash omlette and even though the hash was out of a can it was ok which is the theme of my review. The Maine Diner serves average diner food quickly. I really don't know how the Maine Diner was voted the " best Diner in New England" on New England Cable News, but I suggest people to check them out and make their own decisions.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,109)

Reviewed July 3, 2010

This cute, clean and homey diner is great for breakfast! We had a super friendly waitress who made us feel right at home. There was prompt seating (no wait for us even at 10am). The blueberry pancakes were delicious and the service was excellent!

Reviewed July 1, 2010

If you stay in Ogunquit you do not realize you can drive 15 minutes to Wells to eat at this local institution. Good basic food, professional wait staff that knows hot to hustle. Dessert was some of the best blueberry pie in the state! Worht the experience of a visit.

Reviewed June 11, 2010

We had a great old school lunch at the diner - the four of had a variety of food for a lobster roll to soup and clam chowder. Very good food. You may have to wait a few minutes to get in as we did - and I hate to wait but it is worth it. Pleasant waitress and all around nice experience.

Reviewed June 9, 2010

I always beleive you have to try local places like this rather than the chains restaurauntss. I think you have to take the diner for what it is - a diner. Average food, average value. There isn't anything wrong with that. The food was served quickly and efficiently and was enjoyable. Wait staff was a bit hurried although the restauraunt wasn't busy. I also heard that Food Network is featuring the diner on Drivers, Dine-In's, and Dives.

If you are in town, I suggest giving it a try - just keep in mind that it's diner food.

Been to Maine Diner? Share your experiences!