“Criminally good lobster roll”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maine Diner

Maine Diner
Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Diner, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Criminally good lobster roll”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stopped by on our way back to Boston from Bar Harbor. There was a huge line, but the lady who took our order managed to be just as friendly as she would have been if she hadn't taken ten million orders in the last hour. I ordered two lobster pies and one lobster roll. It was a pretty penny (those pies are not cheap), but oh, SO worth it. That lobster roll has got to be one of the most perfect things I've eaten in my life. Perfectly buttery and fresh. The lobster pies were equally great, but it's definitely the roll that I'm going back for. What. A. Treat.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Drew T

Sterling, Massachusetts
“Don't understand the raves for this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Was there yesterday! What a tourist trap! Lunch for 3 grandsons and myself.$61.00!
Nothing exotic. Two cheeseburgers, 3 cups of chowder, two clam rolls, 2 juices! Shocked at the price.

Not to mention the clams were tasteless. All you could taste was the heave coating on the clams.

Tried this place again...heard it changed hands...thought I'd give it another try. Based on Diners, Drive ins and Dives. How disappointing.

I found the chowder different than before and if there was one thing on the menu that I thought was ok...doesn't exist anymore.

I'm sure this place must be just fine for the usual eggs, bacon,toast, etc.

Waitstaff, was okay. Neither friendly nor overly pleasant. Just take the order. Had to go look for someone to help us after being seated for a few minutes.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank info4you123_13
West Orange
“Great Diner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

I love it here! I can only speak to breakfast as i have eaten here many times but mostly have had breakfast. The service is great everyone is friendly, i really enjoy coming here every trip to the area. Also check out the shop next door for some cute little gifts.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Laurenm6
Hyannis, MA
“Has been better.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We have visited the Maine Diner in the past and have had great meals. We stopped again in late April for a late breakfast on a Sunday. The two of us were seated immediately, so we didn't have to wait as we had in the past. I ordered a poached egg dish, with steamed spinach underneath and "hollandaise" on top. It was quite tasty. However, the English muffin that came with it was loaded with butter, and not in a good way! It looked like the "hollandaise" had been spilled on it. I use quotes because the sauce I ate was not a whole lot like the stuff I make at home, which is the real thing.

My husband ordered poached eggs with a side of biscuit and sausage gravy, one of his favorite dishes, and which we get at our wonderful restaurant in Hyannis. This was made with Italian sausage, instead of sagey breakfast sausage, which is traditional. It was awful. When my husband mentioned the use of that meat, the staff got very defensive, saying that's the way it's made up north! Well, maybe, and maybe not. We get the real thing in Massachusetts. We're very disappointed with the diner, and will probaly seek out a more interesting place to eat on our next trip.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Capejafreem
Burlington, Vermont
“Good all American diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Chic pot pie, Yankee pot roast, Mac & cheese, Lobster pie. And yummy blueberry pie w blueberry ice cream. The Indian pudding was interesting and tasty but I'd go for the pie on a repeat visit. Good service too. And diner prices. With Mainiax gone this might be our goto place.

1 Thank Irishlazz

Been to Maine Diner? Share your experiences!