“Diner. . plain and simple”
Review of Maine Diner

Maine Diner
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Diner, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milan, United States
“Diner. . plain and simple”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Though it felt a little tourist-y because of the notoriety on TV (busy-ness and commercialism), it is what it says - a diner. My son and I were in for the weekend and found this on the internet and stopped in. Quickly seated, he enjoyed what most kids do (chicken of course) and I just had them bring me the day's special - pot roast. Food was great and price was reasonable. We were in and out and back on our way.

• Visited September 2013

“Very good food, ok service, pricey for lunch.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

An overpriced show for the tourist trade. A $60 dollar lunch with no alcohol for two in a diner? We had soup, a salad, a lobster pie and stuffed shrimp. Smallish portions. Seafood dishes drenched in butter. Come on, the locals must be laughing their heads off. Then, go buy a $20 dollar mug in the gift shop.

• Visited August 2013
Wells, Maine
“Tourist Trap”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I live a few miles from the diner and though I would “support the local economy”. Bad choice! The only thing the food is better than is the service. The service was exactly the same every time I went; Horrible. Like they were doing me a favor to serve me and it was inconvenient for them to do it with any level of pleasantry. The advertising could be construed as false based on my experiences with the diner. I would not go again nor could I with any level of conscious, recommend that establishment to anyone friend or foe. It is very unfortunate that the owners keep living off a legacy that they no longer deserve. I was Very Disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank Steve W
Wells, Maine
“Good breakfast, great service!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Maine Diner is one of my grandkids' favorite places to go when they visit us in Wells.
On our most recent visit, the place was jammed as my exuberant grands stormed in to the place. People looked worried when they saw us, but the waitress was wonderful as we settled in to a circular booth in a side room and chowed down on pancakes, eggs, bacon and a great omelet (for me). She couldn't have been nicer, giving the kids just the right amount of whipped cream on their hot chocolate and providing crayons to color the placemat. Good family place!

• Visited November 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Terrible/mediocre food”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Went here twice. Both times, the food was terrible. I will never go back. I can't understand why there are always droves of people in line for below average food. Maybe they've never been to a REAL diner. This must a "Mainer's" version of what they think diner food is. (People from Maine call themselves Mainers.)
First time I ordered a Rueben. The bread was not even grilled. It looked like it was barely toasted. When I picked it up it was barely warm and unappetizing. Second time I ordered a medium-well cheeseburger. It was literally the worst burger I have ever had in my life. It was burnt, hard and shrunken. It looked like it was an old burger they had already cooked, put in the fridge and then reheated it. It was good enough to feed to my dog. It was also good enough to bounce off the floor. I think it was something like $9.00 and they have the nerve to charge a $1.00 extra for French fries, which were old and greasy, barely warm. My husband ordered breakfast for dinner (breakfast is served all day) His hash browns were ICE cold. They didn't even bother to warm them up. They were old and hours old. Really gross.

• Visited October 2013
7 Thank TrueReview10

Been to Maine Diner? Share your experiences!