“Terrific accident”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We were driving by on the way up the coast and noticed loads of cars in the parking lot and decided to stop. We had a great lunch. Nice down home place with good food. Will definitely stop again when in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,130)

Reviewed December 10, 2013

If you are into big breakfasts and I mean extra large, this is the place. Of course, being in Maine you really have to try their blueberry pancakes. Not only are they large, they are stuffed with blueberries like stuffing in a turkey. The blueberry mixture is not overly sweet which I absolutely love, maybe a little tart but not so much. Put a little local maple syrup on them and its to die for. Guy Fieri is right on when he stopped here.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The Maine Diner in Wells, Me, is always a stopping point to have Chowder and a Lobster roll. Many of the people in the Diner are locals and you are always feel like family when you eat there. If you're in the area, stop by and get some delicious food. It is well worth the stop. As my title says, we always visit when we're in the area. Living in California, it is a long ways from home, but always visit the diner a couple of time when visiting family that live in the area. I don't think they is anything that is bad on the menu. My 20 something daughter loves, LOVES, the Mac-n-Cheese Lobster dish.....yummmm. I always have to have my Lobster Roll. Just a great diner that has continued to grow for many years. You can't go wrong.

1  Thank R_Ford_949
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were told by locals this had the best chowder/ soup in Maine, this was true, however, the service was poor and not very friendly. It was a typical diner, very little ambience, but on our route to Kennebunkport so we stopped. It did not live up to the expectations on it's reviews.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I had breakfast, it was worth the 5 min trip off route 95. However, because it was featured in Diners, Drive Inns and Dives maybe I expected more. I will say that the baked beans were one of best I ever had, the biscuit was too big too heavy and lacked something (butter maybe), and the ham was just a slice of that round pressed ham thing that is ham but not what I was expecting.
Service was great and friendly but hey it's Maine!
I will stop for lunch next time I get a chance and maybe will have a better experience, the lunch menu looks great.