“Worth the drive and the wait!”
Review of Maine Diner

Maine Diner
Ranked #7 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
“Worth the drive and the wait!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We decided to sit at the counter because there were 2 seats left and no wait. Our server, Deb, was great! Very attentive and quite helpful in explaining the meals. The lobster pie ($21.95) was very filling. It came with green beans grown in their garden out back and potato. The lobster Mac n cheese was amazing. Not too heavy and it had the meat of a one pound lobster. They also give you a wonderful homemade corn bread muffin to start the meal. Sitting at the counter is also a great experience, seeing how efficient the kitchen and the waitresses are. This diner was featured on the food network's show 'Diners, drive ins, and dives'. You really must make this one of your stops while in Maine.

Visited August 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“Don't miss this little slice of Americiana”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

After hearing about this diner from a fellow traveler while waiting in line a restaurant in Bar Harbor, I knew I had to stop by while on a planned trip to Wells. Actually, the restaurant seems to be about as close to Kennebunk as to Wells; while on the busy US 1, it's out definitely not surrounded by other businesses. There was a wait when I arrived around 1 p.m., but since I agreed to take an open seat at the counter, I was welcomed to sit down without waiting. On either side of me were locals whom the wait staff knew by first name, a good sign! What an experience and one you shouldn't miss, especially if you aren't accustomed to eating in American diners.....or even if you are! I ordered the lobster quiche, which was fabulous. It comes served with a selection of mixed fruits ($12.95). Iced tea is $1.75. For dessert, I will be having a take-away bread pudding later ($3.50). My bill, without tip, totaled $19.47. There's a nice flower garden behind the restaurant that has lots of pretty, flowering plants in August. Don't miss this slice of Americiana.

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I live in Boston, and this place is basically a must for anyone driving up/down the Maine coast. If you're just eating here once, the lobster pie is an absolute must. I can't even describe how rich it is. They also serve one of the best bowls of she-crab soup I've ever had--which is saying a lot since I grew up in a coastal town specializing in the stuff. The service was great and the atmosphere preserves the diner feel.

• Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“I'll Remember The Maine”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We visit this area before the summer tourist season really kicks in so we did not encounter crowds or lines. I had not been there in years and was not disappointed especially since I asked for a healthier breakfast than my husband's full American style repast. We noted Guy Fieiri's endorsement everywhere and might have tried the dishes he recommended but it was a bit early in the day. Next time.
After our meal we visited "Remember the Maine" gift shop next door and was able to find a couple of souvenir items to "remember".

• Visited June 2013
Montreal
“Go for the seafood chowder”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Waited an hour for a table. The seafood chowder was good, had lots of different seafood in it. Had fried clams - good not great. The menu offers quite a bit of choice, from seafood to burgers, and from inexpensive to expensive. It was ok but for me, did not live up to the hype.

Visited August 2013

Been to Maine Diner? Share your experiences!