“LOVED THE FOOD”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great Place to eat.....A lot of food selections to choose from...Had fresh fish sandwich for lunch....Excellent tasting....Crab Cakes -....Wonderful....Breakfast was FANTASTIC....Highly Recommend!!!!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,121)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We went based on the place being featured on Diners,Drive-ins and Dives. I had the fried shrimp and haddock, the fish was OK but it came with a "baked" potato that was definitely microwaved and what tasted like canned carrots. My husband had the baked haddock which was bland and rubbery. The bread pudding was the only thing I enjoyed but I've had better.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had breakfast eggs with toast rather blah I guess the big craze is the seafood?? I had a crab cake so overcooked cooked could not eat. post roast very small portion and just not like real home cooking. we also ordered grilled chicken salad and I think I had 5 bites of chicken and this was burnt too....so our overall experience was just not impressed. over rated!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

You have to try the "Dale Arnold" Lobster Roll - it's STUFFED with warm lobster meat (lots of claw meat!) served with butter in a toasted roll with your choice of potato salad, cottage cheese (the best my husband's ever had!) or coleslaw (the best I've ever had!). This is a no-frills restaurant with excellent food and very excellent service! The place was full but the waitresses cleared plates very quickly and refilled drinks without being asked! Their signature dish is the Lobster Pie - the table next to us had that and so will we next time we go! The breakfast menu also looked great!
This is a "not to be missed" place - give it a try next time you're in the area - you'll be glad you did!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Got up to the Maine Diner this past weekend and it did not disappoint as usual. We usually get up there Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend so it is a special treat. My husband had the chicken pot pie which was delicious and I had my fan favorite, loaded potato skins with the homemade baked beans, which are to die for. My clumsy husband spilled his soda so the waitress came back with a sippy cup!!! We got a kick out of that. See you in September!