“Better than imagined”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went here years ago and had another opportunity to dine here and was again not disappointed. My wife had the Lobster pie ( delicious she states, never got a bite so it must be true). I had the Eddie Andelman ( macaroni and cheese with hot dogs). Doesn't sound like much but it was good. We also had corn chowder which was rich and delicious. If you get the chance to stop here do it as it isn't the tourist trap that some people state.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We try to stop here whenever in Maine. Great breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is small so if you go during busy tourist season plan on a wait. They have lots of seafood choices for all three meals.
One of my favorite breakfast, choices is almond crusted French toast, you need to ask for the real maple syrup, well worth it. Staff very inviting and courteous.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Hands down the best diner I've ever been to. I come up here frequently with my family and each time I am never disappointed in my meal. No matter breakfast or lunch, I guarantee you'll try something good. Considering it is Maine, anything blueberry flavored tastes fresh and delicious. The blueberry pancakes and pie are outstanding. For lunch, try the something that includes lobster, like the homemade lobster roll. That is one of my favorites. Depending on when you come, the wait can be not so bad or horrendous. Obviously the weekends are worse than during the week. Service is fast, waiters genial. The gift shop next door is in conjunction with the diner and sells cute gifts and Maine memorabilia. My mother always finds something new in there. This place is well worth the 4 hour drive. Go up there today!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We visited the Maine Diner in August 2012. Even though our party of 6 waited 50 minutes, it was definitely worth it. The lobster roll and lobster pie were excellent. Even the hot dogs and mac n cheese were great! I enjoyed the Indian Pudding with vanilla ice cream (even though the kids didn't like how it looked). Try to go for an early dinner if you can, and definitely get dessert! But if the kids are REALLY hungry before you go, be sure to have a snack with you in case there is a long wait.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you are not going to eat seafood, which we have yet to try, I would not go there. We arrived just before the lunch rush. We ordered a bacon cheese burger that that was frozen perviously, and was served on a regular old hamburger bun, and I mean stale old, dry. This did not come with fries you had to pay extra for those. Who doesn't serve fries with a burger. The hamburger itself was so dry even as under cooked as it was. I had a fried chicken burger, that came with cheese lettuce and tomatoes. It too was dry, and on the old stale bun. I choose a side of coleslaw which did come with the sandwich. The veggies in the slaw were mushy/ soggy and had no flavor. We were both planning to order the haddock sandwich until we found out it was frozen fish and came on that same old hamburger bun. They may have had an episode on the tv show triple D, but they must have doctored what they served them because what they served us was horrible. Beware!!!!

Been to Maine Diner? Share your experiences!