“Lobster and more”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Lobster and more”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Winter at the Maine Diner means great food with no wait (consider take out during the summer). This was the last Maine meal of our trip, so 3 of us went for some form of lobster, even for breakfast. Lobster Benedict was very well done, lobster could be added to the omelette, and the youngest could have lobster mac and cheese for breakfast. The holdout went for the fluffy Belgian waffle.

1 Thank Travelingfamily15228

Antioch, Illinois
“Liked it all”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here twice while we were in the area on our friends recommendations. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We really enjoyed our meals, including the breakfast and dessert. For us we thought the restaurant was just what we expected. Good food, good service and reasonable prices.

1 Thank Jm2323
Benson, Arizona, United States
“Depends on what you order”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We ate breakfast there and found the biscuits had very little taste and the potatoes were warmed over.....

I would not go back for breakfast based on my experience. We then went there for dinner the next day. My wife had their lobster roll and it was huge and delicious. I had the clam plate and it was also a huge serving and very tasty. The price for both was huge too. The locals seem to like this place, I felt like I got the tourist priced menu. The next day we ate at another place nearby and the clam plates were just as tasty, also huge, and $4 cheaper!!!

So, been there dun that..

Chicago
“Lobster Pie!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We made a special trip from Portsmouth, NH to try the lobster pie at the Maine Diner. We both ordered lobster pie and it was delicious! We arrived around 4PM and had a short wait for a table. The wait for a booth was much longer. We had a friendly waitress that took our order promptly and the wait for our food was shorter than I expected. It took a while to get refills and our check but we would certainly return if we were in the area again. They also have a gift shop next door if you wanted to get a souvenir mug or shirt. Be aware that the road leading to the Maine Diner was under construction when we visited.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Two4travel
West Burke
“Great Diner”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stopped for a late dinner while staying in the area. By late I mean that it was 7:30 and they closed at 8:00. I had the best Seafood Chowder I've ever had. I've never had one with so many sea scallops and chunks of lobster. Rounded out with shrimp and clams and it was really good. This is a typical diner and with a typical diner menu. You will not be disappointed if that is what you are looking for and we were.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Maine Diner? Share your experiences!