“Great food!”

Maine Diner
Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Diner, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Draper, Utah
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We stopped by here on the recommendation of someone we met in Vermont and were not disappointed. Food was great, especially the lobster Mac & Cheese. The lobster pie was a bit sweet for my liking, but my wife thought it was fantastic. Service was excellent. We were expecting a wait, but were seated right away.

2 Thank MilesJA

“Should have kept driving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Visited Maine and drove past the Maine diner on a Sunday and it was packed with a banner out front that stated it had been on diners drive in and dives. Didn't want to wait on Sunday but came back on Tuesday for lunch. The clam chowder is straight from a can and was tasteless. My cheese burger was burned and my wife referred to it as a hockey puck. My wife had the chili bowl and said that it was very good. Over all experience was below average. The tv show I hope would have called this a dive.

Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
“Best Breakfast in Maine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Found this iconic restaurant recently. Excellent breakfast. Local favorite. Features full menu and great local items.

• Visited October 2012
Abilene
“A Must-Go Diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We found the Maine Diner on the Food Network. My husband had the Chicken Pot Pie and I had the Lobster Mac-n-Cheese. We sat at the counter again so we could see all the food coming out of the kitchen. While eating, the waitress got a Blueberry Pie out and put a piece on a plate. We were amazed. Then she got another piece of pie and put a huge scoop of blueberry ice cream on it. My husband said, I don't care how full I am, I'm having a piece of pie and ice cream. And we did and we were not disappointed. We were full from our lunch but managed to eat every bite of pie and ice cream. When we come back to Maine, this will be one of our regular places to eat.

• Visited September 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not your standard diner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

good portions, good food, friendly staff... short wait even during their offseason.. good chili but if you ask for cheese, expect a little chili with your melted cheese ball which was actually awesome and the fried chicken supreme sandwich was perfect.. great, crispy bacon, lightly breaded chicken and fried perfectly. Will return!

• Visited October 2012

Been to Maine Diner? Share your experiences!