Total waste of money. Let's start with the positive - as there is only one - great location. Everything else was horrid. Rude staff that told me there was breakfast in the morning. Breakfast was a coffee voucher to use down the street! This is not a romantic weekend place. My husband and I walked down the ocean and saw 20 or so B & B's. We didn't stay the second night at the Lafayette because the B&B's were less expensive (with breakfast). What's more we told the staff of our disappointment and they yelled at us. Of course, we didn't get our money back for the second night but the B&B was romantic and totally worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort is directly on Wells Beach, one of the largest sandy beaches in Maine. We have a complex of nine different buildings, five of which sit right on the beach. Many of our rooms have private balconies with panoramic views of the ocean. We are open year round so you do not need to miss any season. Although summer is certainly the most popular season in Maine, the beauty of this coastal area is enchanting throughout the year. Wells Beach is fun for families. Walk from your room onto the sand to swim, build sand castles, stroll in the surf looking for shells and rocks or just relax and enjoy the feel of the sun on your face while you enjoy the view. The indoor pool and the hot tub with a waterfall are very relaxing after a hot day in the sun. The playground and the arcade will entertain the children after the beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette`s Oceanfront Hotel Wells
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Hotel
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Wells
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort Wells, Maine