“Big Mistake - Skip this one and stay at a B&B for half the price - down the street”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wells
Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Total waste of money. Let's start with the positive - as there is only one - great location. Everything else was horrid. Rude staff that told me there was breakfast in the morning. Breakfast was a coffee voucher to use down the street! This is not a romantic weekend place. My husband and I walked down the ocean and saw 20 or so B & B's. We didn't stay the second night at the Lafayette because the B&B's were less expensive (with breakfast). What's more we told the staff of our disappointment and they yelled at us. Of course, we didn't get our money back for the second night but the B&B was romantic and totally worth it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lynnj1976
Lafayetteoceanfront, Manager at Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2011

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let me know about your concerns. I wish that you had talked to me while you were here so that I could address the problems immediately. I have talked to all of the guest service agents about your concerns. The guest service agents who worked here this summer have been here for years and do not yell or treat any of our guests in a rude manner. We have never served breakfast here so no one would ever tell a guest that we do. I am not sure how that was misunderstood but we will make sure that we are more clear in the future. We just started giving coffee vouchers to all of our guests a couple of years ago. There are not any B & B's right on Wells Beach. There are several beautiful B & B's in Wells and I am glad that you enjoyed one of them. Wells Beach is a special place and I would want every visitor to enjoy their time here whether they stay with us or not. In the future, I would hope that you could take the time to let me know about your concerns. Katy Kelly

Reviewed November 29, 2010

Our weekend trip to the Lafayette was given to us by our children for our 38th anniversary. This hotel was a great place to just get away from it all and relax. Our room overlooked the ocean and the sunrise was spectacular. The long sprawling beach turned out to be a great place for a nice walk to help us unwind. Listening to the surf early in the morning as the tide came in was something everyone should experience. We have lived in New England all our lives and love the ocean, so this was a great hotel stay and I recommend it to everyone. The off season rates are terrific and there are many great restaurants open all season. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We Really enjoyed our first stay on the Maine coast. Very relaxing and very friendly people made this trip very enjoyable. Maybe we will be back this way again. Thank you for the memories!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2010

My husband, Mother , Brother, & 3 year old daughter & I stayed in the deluxe building that slept 6. You really could not get any closer to the ocean! The room was a little outdated but very clean & we did have a flat screen tv & were able to connect to WIFI. We all enjoyed our stay very much. The pool & the jacuzzi there was also clean & very nice. If I had to choose a concern the only one would be that when you head to the beach you exit your room through a sliding glass door that you can not lock while you are down at the beach. So I guess you just have to be trusting of the people around you. All in all it is a great place & we plan on returning next year.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We got a call that our original reservation had been double-booked but it did work out that this spot was available. Very cute and cozy. We love it here, been coming for over 30 years!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Very comfortable and well appointed newly renovated room in newer section. Great beach for kids, good food and arcade within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed August 29, 2010

First time visitor to Maine and it will not be the last. Lafayette is a great place. Staff was very helpful, room was very clean and big. The beach was excellent and the views from
the room were spectacular. Traveled with two teenage girls and they also loved it and of course did not want to leave and you know if there happy we are all HAPPY!
Must go to the Maine Diner it was great.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wells
Elmwood Resort Hotel
#5 of 29 in Wells
The Anchorage By the Sea
The Anchorage By the Sea
#12 of 36 in Ogunquit

Been to Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!