Our weekend trip to the Lafayette was given to us by our children for our 38th anniversary. This hotel was a great place to just get away from it all and relax. Our room overlooked the ocean and the sunrise was spectacular. The long sprawling beach turned out to be a great place for a nice walk to help us unwind. Listening to the surf early in the morning as the tide came in was something everyone should experience. We have lived in New England all our lives and love the ocean, so this was a great hotel stay and I recommend it to everyone. The off season rates are terrific and there are many great restaurants open all season. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort is directly on Wells Beach, one of the largest sandy beaches in Maine. We have a complex of nine different buildings, five of which sit right on the beach. Many of our rooms have private balconies with panoramic views of the ocean. We are open year round so you do not need to miss any season. Although summer is certainly the most popular season in Maine, the beauty of this coastal area is enchanting throughout the year. Wells Beach is fun for families. Walk from your room onto the sand to swim, build sand castles, stroll in the surf looking for shells and rocks or just relax and enjoy the feel of the sun on your face while you enjoy the view. The indoor pool and the hot tub with a waterfall are very relaxing after a hot day in the sun. The playground and the arcade will entertain the children after the beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette`s Oceanfront Hotel Wells
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Hotel
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Wells
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort Wells, Maine