They are right on the ocean which is very nice. But...the staff was rude and grumpy. There are signs everywhere not to take motel stuff, I felt very aware of being accused. I realize they have parking problems,but they kick you out of your parking spot at 11AM when others are not due to check in until 2PM. Most hotels allow you to use the property pool and ammenities on the day of check out, but not his place. You also have to give up your pool pass at 11AM too.. At over $200 a night, you think they might extend this courtesy to use the pool for the day - especially since the pool doesn't open until 9am.
The older rooms really could use a make over. And...I truly have to agree with the review earler of non-smokers beware. There are many many smokers here, so even a non-smoking room really isn't so. WIth my allergies, my non-smoking room still bothered me.
Yes..on the beach. Swimable?? Well, sort of. At high tide, there is NO beach at all, the water goes up to the wall. At low tide..there is a wet beach..lots of rocks in the water. You could find a better beach for sure. But..the view is always nice if you are not a swimmer.
Would I go back?? Probably not....unless they get new staff who didn't make you feel guilty all the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort is directly on Wells Beach, one of the largest sandy beaches in Maine. We have a complex of nine different buildings, five of which sit right on the beach. Many of our rooms have private balconies with panoramic views of the ocean. We are open year round so you do not need to miss any season. Although summer is certainly the most popular season in Maine, the beauty of this coastal area is enchanting throughout the year. Wells Beach is fun for families. Walk from your room onto the sand to swim, build sand castles, stroll in the surf looking for shells and rocks or just relax and enjoy the feel of the sun on your face while you enjoy the view. The indoor pool and the hot tub with a waterfall are very relaxing after a hot day in the sun. The playground and the arcade will entertain the children after the beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette`s Oceanfront Hotel Wells
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Hotel
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Wells
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort Wells, Maine