Pros- Location is incredible.
Loved falling asleep to the sound of the waves.
Check in friendly and quick and loaned us a cork screw.
Clean room - even saw them sweeping the steps to the beach.
Cons- This was a sisters weekend and man did they miss no coffee pot in room. You get coupons for coffee but that place wasn't open when they wanted coffee.
Charge $25 extra per night for a third person. Why??? They don't even change the sheets every night, so not sure what that covers except an extra set of towels.
price was a little high for the room. We've paid that much on some Caribbean beaches.
We would return, but would also check out the place next door before booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort is directly on Wells Beach, one of the largest sandy beaches in Maine. We have a complex of nine different buildings, five of which sit right on the beach. Many of our rooms have private balconies with panoramic views of the ocean. We are open year round so you do not need to miss any season. Although summer is certainly the most popular season in Maine, the beauty of this coastal area is enchanting throughout the year. Wells Beach is fun for families. Walk from your room onto the sand to swim, build sand castles, stroll in the surf looking for shells and rocks or just relax and enjoy the feel of the sun on your face while you enjoy the view. The indoor pool and the hot tub with a waterfall are very relaxing after a hot day in the sun. The playground and the arcade will entertain the children after the beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette`s Oceanfront Hotel Wells
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Hotel
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Wells
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort Wells, Maine