I can honestly not say enough about what a great vacation and what a great property this is. In June we decided we wanted to go away for the 4th of July weekend. I found the Lafayette online but I called them directly. I wanted an oceanfront room! I was so pleasantly surprised when I called and the lady on the phone was soooo very nice AND they had an oceanfront room open for the time period I wanted. It was in their newly renovated bldg "The Wells Motor Inn". She had a King room and 2 Qns. We took the 2 Qns which was on the second floor. The room was decorated beautifully in blues and greens, the bathroom was a nice yellow with granite shower. The sink was outside the bathroom, which was a bit small of an area to get ready. but that is my only complaint. We slept every night with the sliding doors open to hear the waves crashing on the rocks and wall. There's their restaurant right behind our bldg. You can get ur breakfast to go and eat on the beach. Our friends ended up booking a room last minute too and they stayed in the main bldg the LedgeView, Their room was more spacious, but dated. Old pine beds and the dark paneling walls. But I felt that was even worth what they paid. The High tide comes in late morning. Check the front desk. What we did was get on the beach at 8amish...and when the tide came up to our chairs we moved them back only once. The next time the tide came up to our chairs was around noon and we just packed it in, got dressed, went shopping or to Ogunquit to walk the Marginal Walkway. Then came back around 3 and went back on the beach. The tide will come in up to the wall. There will be NO beach left. But I was ok with that. Not a big sun worshiper anyway. There are so many restaurants to have a good decent meal at. OMG....I think I gained 10lbs that weekend. We watched Kennebunkport's fireworks from our hotel. It was just a great relaxing vacation for our family and I would definately go back! The area it's self is beautiful too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort is directly on Wells Beach, one of the largest sandy beaches in Maine. We have a complex of nine different buildings, five of which sit right on the beach. Many of our rooms have private balconies with panoramic views of the ocean. We are open year round so you do not need to miss any season. Although summer is certainly the most popular season in Maine, the beauty of this coastal area is enchanting throughout the year. Wells Beach is fun for families. Walk from your room onto the sand to swim, build sand castles, stroll in the surf looking for shells and rocks or just relax and enjoy the feel of the sun on your face while you enjoy the view. The indoor pool and the hot tub with a waterfall are very relaxing after a hot day in the sun. The playground and the arcade will entertain the children after the beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette`s Oceanfront Hotel Wells
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Hotel
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Wells
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort Wells, Maine