We visit the Ogunquit/Wells area in Maine many times over the course of a year, and have stayed at Lafayettes at least 20 times.We always stay in the motor inn building as it is right on the ocean and the rooms are updated with flat screen tv, modern bathroom, nice furniture. At high tide the ocean is right there, in fact this is a little bit of a problem because at high tide you can not use the beach at all-so you need to plan around that if you are beach people like us. We would go up to the indoor pool during high tide. The pool is large, and always well maintained. There is also a nice hot tub. My only complaint is that the prices are very high, especially during the summer season. In fact, we do not go during July and August because the prices are just too steep. Even during the winter the oceanfront rooms are about $100.-$120. a night which is expensive for the area because during the winter it is pretty desolate and there is not much to do. Most restaurants close for the winter season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort is directly on Wells Beach, one of the largest sandy beaches in Maine. We have a complex of nine different buildings, five of which sit right on the beach. Many of our rooms have private balconies with panoramic views of the ocean. We are open year round so you do not need to miss any season. Although summer is certainly the most popular season in Maine, the beauty of this coastal area is enchanting throughout the year. Wells Beach is fun for families. Walk from your room onto the sand to swim, build sand castles, stroll in the surf looking for shells and rocks or just relax and enjoy the feel of the sun on your face while you enjoy the view. The indoor pool and the hot tub with a waterfall are very relaxing after a hot day in the sun. The playground and the arcade will entertain the children after the beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette`s Oceanfront Hotel Wells
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Hotel
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Wells
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort Wells, Maine