“Can't get any closer to the ocean”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wells
Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We visit the Ogunquit/Wells area in Maine many times over the course of a year, and have stayed at Lafayettes at least 20 times.We always stay in the motor inn building as it is right on the ocean and the rooms are updated with flat screen tv, modern bathroom, nice furniture. At high tide the ocean is right there, in fact this is a little bit of a problem because at high tide you can not use the beach at all-so you need to plan around that if you are beach people like us. We would go up to the indoor pool during high tide. The pool is large, and always well maintained. There is also a nice hot tub. My only complaint is that the prices are very high, especially during the summer season. In fact, we do not go during July and August because the prices are just too steep. Even during the winter the oceanfront rooms are about $100.-$120. a night which is expensive for the area because during the winter it is pretty desolate and there is not much to do. Most restaurants close for the winter season.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank NYBosox
megciamomwells, Manager at Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Lafayette’s Oceanfront Resort at Wells Beach.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Toni,

I just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed our stay this week. My wife and I and our guests had the time of our lives. We certainly made some memories. Your resort was clean, your staff was exceptional. We will count the days till next summer. Thanks for helping us have the best vacation ever.

Pat Hannahs

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pathannahs

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Love staying here in the off season! My husband and I always try to go at least once a year in the off season to enjoy the beach without the crowds. Love being able to sit on the balcony with the water a stone's throw a way!

Room Tip: Off season rates
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chetteroo

Reviewed May 20, 2011

My husband and I arrived late afternoon with no reservations and was very pleased to find an ocean view room available. The staff could not have been more accommodating. They even let us look at the room before booking to make sure that it was what we wanted. The hot tub was excemptional. The waterfall made you feel like you were getting a massage! Just what was needed. The hotel staff were so friendly and willing to help. You could tell that they really enjoyed their job. There is a resturant with great food just a few short steps from the hotel entrance. We will definately come back again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rylow

Reviewed March 6, 2011

My family and friends gave been staying at the lafayette every march for the last 10 years always get the same rooms. The service and the staff have always been helpful, Friendly & Accomadating and The rooms have always been clean. Threes usually coffee or tea in the lobby and on fri night they bake oatmeal raisen & chocholate cookies for sat. To enjoy with coffee or tea at no cost. The smell in incredible all night long. We will continue this tradition as long as we can.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Reed D

Reviewed February 14, 2011

I stayed at Lafayette with my girlfriend, at Lafayette Oceanfront Resort, in Room 207 of the Panorama Building from 02/11/2011-02/12/2011 and absolutely loved my stay in our superior Panorama Room as usual. This is my 3rd year coming to Lafayette. If seems to get better and better every single time I stay there. Please, I highly urge everyone to completely ignore any negative reviews especially the one criticizing the Lafayette staff, calling them unfriendly, and falsely claiming breakfast was promised to them, First off, breakfast is not promised. I love the staff, They are the best I have encountered in the US and in France. Lafayette has unbeatable location and unbeatable winter rates. Stay Here!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MLegere9789

Reviewed January 21, 2011

We booked a balcony room facing the beach. The room was clean but you feel like you're in a run down motel. For the money we paid ($$$) for we would think that the room would be nicer. One of the lights over the bed didn't work but they came and fixed it while we were out. Their indoor pool was across the street. It was small. My kids got in trouble for feeding the sea gulls. Which was the highlight of their trip. We didn't know 'cause there were no signs that indicated that. To ventilate the bathroom, you had to open the bathroom window that led out to the common hallway. They had one computer for you to use at their check-in office but it was terribly slow. The only good part about this place was the easy beach access.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank OhMyCheese
Lafayetteoceanfront, Manager at Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2011

I would like to thank you for letting us know your concerns. We have signs every 20 feet along the oceanfront decks asking guests not to feed the seagulls. The reason for this is threefold. The birds get very excited and the noise bothers and/or scares other guests. The birds tend to defecate on the patios while they are being fed which creates a terrible mess and it is not healthy for the seagulls to eat the food that is often being fed to them. Our pool is one of the largest indoor pools in the area so I am concerned that you found it to be so small. It feels smaller when we have a lot of children using it at once. We have had two computers in our lobby for the past five years. We did receive complaints that one of them was very slow and it has been replaced. We have several types of oceanfront rooms. Your description sounds as if you stayed in the Deluxe building which still has paneling on the walls. The next time that you call to make a reservation, explain to the guest service agents that you would like one of the newer oceanfront rooms. They are very comfortable and completely updated. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Wells Beach. Katy Kelly