“Delicious but....”

Wells Beach Lobster Pound
Ranked #17 of 76 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

So my family and I ordered take out from here the other night. It was pretty good. We got two two pound lobsters, two orders of steamers, a lobster roll, an order of onion rings, an order of coleslaw, and a medium size clam chowder. The lobsters, even though they were pre-cracked, we’re very difficult to open. The coleslaw, clams, and soup sizes were smaller than expected (even though it showed a container of what the chowder was going to come in). The onion rings were a huge order. Overall we paid $120 and I was too enthused. We’ve had better for around the same price.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

More and more we have our lunches and dinners at Wells Beach Lobster Pound as Troy and his family have dedicated themselves to providing the best chowders and seafood you can get! His fried clams are fantastic, and clam chowder is our favorite. For some reason I never tried his lobster stew until this week after 10 years plus, OMG better than all of the restaurants that we normally visit!!! Try it you will NOT be disappointed! Freshly boiled lobsters, steamers and fried food to die for! Our go to place in Wells Beach! If you can't get thru on the phone to place your order, call back! Wells Beach Lobster Pound is worth it!!!

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

We always get takeout since we stay down the street every summer. It's a busy place so we always call ahead. There are tables you can eat at but it is really just a lobster pound with some tables. We get the lobster rolls, Clam chowder and the steamed lobster. After coming here for 20+ years, it has always been excellent service and of high quality. We have never have been disappointed.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

I'm in the local hospitality business in Wells Maine. I ordered take out from Wells Beach Lobster Pound on the phone for my staff so it would be ready upon pick up. It was not ready so I asked if I could pay while waiting for my food. A kind young boy took my credit card and charged me $54ish for 2 lobster rolls and a clam roll. My food came out hot. The owner brought the food to me and I rushed to my car to get the food back for my staff. Troy knows me. He came running out of the restaurant shouting that I owed him money. I probably send him 20 of my guests to him per day. I had 4 guests eating there that were absolutely appalled by his behavior. He never apologized. Go somewhere else! I know we won't recommend Wells Beach Lobster Pound ever again. It's not worth the money or the embarrassment.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

We were driving around Wells Beach and decided that ice cream was needed, and so we stopped at the Lobster Pound.

They had 3 large lobster tanks, filled with various sized lobsters, so this is obviously a good place to have a lobster dinner. However, we were there only for the ice cream, and it was excellent.

Parking is limited !

Been to Wells Beach Lobster Pound? Share your experiences!