“Don't go. It would be a shame if this...”

Merriland Farm Cafe
Ranked #13 of 70 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Don't go. It would be a shame if this terrific local spot was discovred by the tourists.

1  Thank Cvette

Reviewed June 30, 2010

What more could we ask for?? Oh the prices are very reasonable as well. Treat yourself to a delightful breakfast or lunch or dinner on Friday or Saturday off the beaten path of the beach side frenzy. But captures the flavor of Maine. One of the best restaurant experiences in years. Enjoy...we did.

1  Thank ConnecticutNana
Reviewed June 26, 2010

My husband and I had breakfast there this month.It is a wonderful property on beautiful ground.It was a Sunday morning and the hostess told us there would be about 30mts.wait and she was right.However,they do not have enough chairs outside,they have large ground and they could put more benches or chairs.There are a couple of benches at the back but if you sit there you cannot hear when she calls your name.So,having people standing up almost besides your table when you eat is not too pleasant.
My husband had an omelet and it was excellent.My mistake was to choose the crepe..It came in a small plate with a few strawberries and a bit of whipped cream ...Realy it looks like a kid portion and on top it was half cooked,very pale....
Their french toast ,wallfles and pancakes looked delicous so maybe they should remove the crepes from the menu.If you are from Canada and used to go to Cora you know what crepes is all about!
I will probably go back next summer and avoid the crepe this time.

Reviewed April 5, 2010

My first experience at the Merriland Farm Cafe was great, BUT the room was extremely cold!!! We arrived around 9:00 am for breakfast on a sunny, relatively warm April morning. I had the spinach/feta cheese omelette and a tomato juice. My friend had the Eggs Benedict and a coffee. My omelette was absolutely wonderful....fresh spinach, great bacon, just enough feta, and slices of tomato on the top that actually had a bit of flavor for April! My friend said her eggs benedict was very good. The room we sat in was lovely, as were the other two rooms, sparsely decorated, clean but extremely cold (temperature)! I will definitely go back but only if I dress warmer or if the temperature outside is 70 or above!! The cost is a bit pricey, but I do feel that the meal was well worth it!

2  Thank charliesmow
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We've gone their for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Each time was a different experience. The food as always been great and the service always pleasant. Love their Stuffed french toast. I love the lunch and dinner menus because they are different, not your usual meals. Have gone their many many times and always great food and service.
I can't wait to go again this summer!!......They have fresh blueberries etc right from their own bushes.....Try it you'll like it!!

1  Thank Wez7

Been to Merriland Farm Cafe? Share your experiences!