“We drive up from Massachusetts (1.5hours) for breakfast.”

Merriland Farm Cafe
Ranked #14 of 75 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2016

We have been here a few times and enjoy their crepes with berries and whipped cream and their waffles. They also serve quite an assortment of omelets.

Reviewed July 7, 2016

Friends in the area suggested this place to meet for lunch. It is off the beaten path, so we'd never have found it on our own. Glad they suggested it as it was good.

We sat outside on a lovely patio with a nice view of the tree-lined area. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. She was able to answer my questions about gluten-free options and I had no trouble ordering.

We had a mixture of meal-sized salads and sandwiches. All were good and sizable. The locals each took home part of their meals as leftovers.

Our lunch for four with drinks (not alcohol) was $55, the steal of our time in Maine. We'd return and recommend.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

I have eaten here four to six times - always on a sunny day. Really enjoyed eating outdoors. The food is good to very good. The service is pleasant, but always a bit slow. Don't be in a hurry if you plan on eating here. Good overall.

Reviewed June 22, 2016

My wife and I visited Merriland for the second time last week and we will be back again in the fall. Great service excellent food and a rustic location.

The crowning glory to our great meal was the strawberry shortcake we shared. Served on a "strawberry dish", the warm bisket topped with fresh strawberries and a huge scoop of the best vanilla ice cream we ever had topped by whipped cream and more strawberries, need I say more! Wow!

A hidden gem off the beaten (RT 1) path.

Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

Yummy everything . My personal favorites are the tea breads, muffins and fruit waffles. Get there early in the summer as it can get very busy.

Been to Merriland Farm Cafe? Share your experiences!