“Always Nice”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always Nice”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We come here on season and off. Like the atmosphere and the food is very good. Never had a bad meal. Don't be in a rush, this is a place to sit and enjoy your company. The fresh baked goods are nice. Breakfast is very good and blueberry pancakes are highly recommended. I've enjoyed dinner here as well and would recommend it for a nice, leisurely meal. I would recommend as a nice place, off the beaten path of the Route 1 and Mile Rd. places

1 Thank Paul B

Memphis, TN
“Delicious Food & Delightful Service”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Merriland Farm is a hidden treasure. The food is delicious and the service is delightful. The lobster benedict is out of this world along with the sweetpotato fries.

• Visited October 2012
Richmond, Vermont
“Good...but...not so good...”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went here based on a recommendation on their special Prime Rib Friday night special, 13oz steak for $13.99. We arrived around 5.30pm on a Friday night and were the 2nd table seated in the restaurant. Mind you this was Nov 2nd, very few tourists this time of year. We were told they were out of the Prime Rib special. My guess is they never had it that night even though it was written on their “specials” board.

We ordered the stuffed crab mushrooms as an appetizer, the scallops and bow tie pasta in alfredo sauce, and a 12oz NY Strip Sirloin as main entrees. The mushrooms and scallops were excellent. The steak was one of the worse I have ever had. Could barely chew it. We actually heard another table complain to their server across the restaurant of the same thing. The service was decent; she was nice but not super attentive. Better choices in the area.

• Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We went to lunch at Merriland Farm Cafe this past weekend. We were a big group of 7. I ordered the portobello mushroom wrap and as I was eating it, found a long gray hair in the wrap. I very quietly told the waitress about the hair. She said "ewwww" and nothing else, no apology, nothing - she just took the plate away offering nothing. I said, can you please bring me a plate, I will eat some of my sisters chicken? We then overheard someone on the staff say something to the effect of "we will have to get an apology note to her right away". I think they were mocking me. I couldn't believe they turned it around on me. As I was walking out, we all noticed a woman at the front desk with long gray hair in a pony tail ....Will never return to this restaurant - good luck to this establishment - they serve subpar food with hair in it and then mock the customer.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank wheretogo46
Cleveland, Ohio
“The Best Breakfast”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

As someone who works with over 90 restaurant clients, I'm pretty picky when it comes to food. Owners Jon and Stacy Morrison know what it takes to turn out a fantastic breakfast. Their homemade jams are outstanding. Who knew there was an omelet as perfect as Jon's? He's simply mastered the technique. Ordered the assortment of potatoes to achieve the ultimate colorfully-plated dish. Lobster Benedict is another standout and enough to keep my very picky husband coming back. Would we travel the extra mile to come here for breakfast? Would we journey through the woods? We have. We will and we hope to continue to do so.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank MyraO

Been to Merriland Farm Cafe? Share your experiences!