“HOMEMADE BREADS & PIZZA DOUGH”
Review of Alfredo's Italian Pizzeria - CLOSED

Alfredo's Italian Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: Alfredo's homemade dough's and breads have been carefully kneaded and allowed to slowly rise. Alfredo's pizzas are topped with fresh, hand cut meats and vegetables enhanced with their signature blend of premium Italian cheeses and herbs. Even their pasta is made in house from scratch using the finest of flours and freshest eggs! The family and staff take pride in serving you fresh, handcrafted sauces, dressings and doughs. Have we mentioned desert? You'll want to make sure to check out the dessert case.
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Alfredo’s is conveniently located on the busy corner of Route 1/Post Road and Rout 109 the road to Sanford. About a mile south is Wells Plaza for shopping at Hannaford Supermarket, Wells Clothing Outlet, and Renys Department Store, A Maine Adventure.

En route home from a shopping daytrip to Maine, I stopped by Alfredo’s for a late lunch about 4:30 PM. On entering, I picked up the wonderful smells of Italian food cooking and baking.

It was a tough decision on what to order. Chicken Tenders Plate at $6.49? Haddock Tenders Plate at $7.49? Chicken Parmesan Sub at $4.99 or $6.49? Eggplant Parmesan Sub at $4.99 or $5.99? I finally chose the Chicken Parmesan Sub at $6.49.

There were some unconventional menu items for an Italian restaurant. One was Lobster Pizza; another was a Lobster Roll at the day’s price of $12.50; but, after all, Wells is a town on the Maine Coast where lobster is always on any menu morning, noon, and night.

I took a seat at a table with a red and white checkered vinyl cover. It was short wait of just about 10 minutes. My sub was brought to the table.

The sub arrived hot. It was baked to heat the roll. The sub was very good. The roll was homemade. It was not one of those thick Italian white bread rolls. It was thinner so as not to overpower the filling and more like a white wholegrain roll. The pieces of chicken were cooked to golden brown. There was just enough thick homemade Italian sauce to keep the sub moist but not so much that it would ooze out of the roll and make a mess. There was just the right amount of cheese. I was able to eat half. I took the other half home for supper later.

While I ate, piped in music---presumably satellite radio---was playing. It must have been tuned in to the Siriusly Sinatra channel because there were songs by Frank Sinatra that included “Ring-a-Ding-Ding”' and “It Had to Be You.” As I left, there was a song by Jimmy Durante. So you can listen to some Italian singers while you eat your Italian food. Great!

While I was there, a lot of orders were being phoned in for pickup later.

I would definitely eat at Alfredo’s again. It was an excellent value for the money, and the food was very good.

The sign out front said that there was music Friday and Saturday nights. I asked about that as there didn’t seem to be much room for a band in among the booths and tables on both sides of the entrance and aisle up to the counter. They had an acoustic guitarist in the front corner. The music sounded like something to return for another time with friends.

I also noticed some patio tables beside the building that appeared to be for outdoor dining in the better weather.

If you found this review helpful, kindly click YES below.

2  Thank Maurene_K

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Pizza isn't horrible, good if seacoast isn't open, but that's the difference between the two, one makes their dough and does it right, while the other buys ready made and cooked dough (you can tell,if you've had it) that's the difference between good pizza and the digiorno-esque pizza I got here. Anyways, NOT the best pizza in town, dough shouldn't be like cake. If you say this is "Maine" pizza, that's a sorry excuse. Seacoast pizza is still the best pie in town....especially if you're coughing up over 30 bucks for two pies.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was disappointed in the food. I will not go back. Ordered two grinders and they were bland, dry and nothing was put on them...no lettuce, tomato, nothing. The girl who took the order was indifferent.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Wanted a simple meal and had a yummy one. Great, personable staff. Quick, friendly service and great food. Just what we wanted

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I just wanted a sandwich for lunch and drove by. Thank goodness we did! We both ordered subs fries and a small salad. Our subs were huge and cheap. One of the best subs we have had in a long time. The bread was delicious, so soft and tasted homemade. The salad was so fresh with romaine lettuce cucumber, tomato and chopped red onion, not just the rings for garnish. It was so crispy. After looking at the menu we can't wait to come back and order the pizza. I really can't believe the quantity you get for the price. Great value for great food!