“Family Restaurant”
Review of Mainiax Restaurant - CLOSED

Mainiax Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2007

Not sure how long they have been here, but this is the first time we stopped for dinner. We decided to try other than "old haunt" restaurants on our vacation.

There were more than a few kids and several birthday paries, we susupect. In all honesty there was no screaming and the running around you might expect of little ones. They were all well behaved.

The food is good and on par with a chain restaurant. The prices fair and the surroundings reminiscent of Cracker Barrel and Appleby's. There may be more Maine license plates on the walls than there are registered Maine vehicles on the road. Just kidding Mainiacs.

The service is excellent and attentive and much better the afore mentioned chain restaurants.

This is a family friendly restaurant and worth a try.

Reviewed June 14, 2007

have always had a great meal here and would recomend it to anyone, have been multiple times and the food has always been great and always get great service

Reviewed April 22, 2007

After reading the review above, I'm afraid to say that I have eaten at Maniax...twice, but I repeat...I am not a Maniac :)
I ate at Maniax Restaurant when I visited Wells in the summer of 2005, and I must say the meal that I ordered (linguine with lobster tails) was FANTASTIC and the service was good too. When I went back home to Canada, I kept dreaming of that delightful meal. In 2006, we had supper at Maniax again, and I ordered the same meal but it was awful...the lobster tails were so darn dry. Actually, it could have been freezer burn, I'm not sure. Well, I barely ate anything...and in all honesty, because of that bad experience -I'm not sure if I'll ever go back. I gave the restaurant 3 stars, as the first time I went there the food was great...but not so the second time around.

Reviewed April 16, 2007

Slow service, noisy, ordinary interior, mediocre food. In a restaurant haven such as southern Maine, there is no good reason to eat here twice!

The gingerale was a long time coming, and when it arrived, I took a generous gulp of what tasted a lot like fizzy pool water. No joke, the chlorine was still there when I took another gulp to be sure it wasn't my imagination. No, of course it wasn't. I sent it back, when I finally saw the waitress again. I had never before sent a beverage back, anywhere.

The grilled cheese sandwich with fries and cole slaw was OK, once I got past the griddle taste. The fries were cold.

Good things? The price - $6.36 for the meal. The hostess was friendly, and there is plenty of parking.

They don't need such a large parking lot because it isn't likely that this place will ever be full, and much money could be saved on the real estate.

33  Thank Quality1989