“Couldn't believe it”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Mainiax Restaurant - CLOSED

Mainiax Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couldn't believe it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

Was just there this weekend and saw thier add in a flyer and thought to myself, we have to go here, my son would love it. Not only did they seat a party of 7 (our party was 5) ahead of us, the hostess constantly said 'where are we going to put 5?' it wasn't that busy. We sat at our table for over 10 min without anyone talking to us. We could hear EVERYthing from the kitchen, bad language and all. The food itself was good, but our waitress didnt' even ask us if we wanted desert or coffee, which was one of the reasons we wanted to go there was for the smores, my 3 year old was so disappointed with no smores. I would not advise anyone with kids to go here. As a matter of fact, just skip this place all together.

1 Thank karns64

Boston, MA
“Absolutely my worst dining experience in 5 years.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

We should have left the restaurant when we couldn't even get a loaf of bread that was not stale to start off! We returned one loaf and our waitress brought us a 2nd loaf that was just as bad - it literally crumbled when we cut it apart.

This was followed by Shrimp cocktail that featured SMALL shrimp that were mealy, dried out and smelled funny. We returned the shrimp cocktail and were not charged for it.

My husband got lobster pie which was dried out, overcooked and tasted 'processed'. I had the single boiled lobster that was so chewy I had to use a steak knife to cut up the meat.

We passed on dessert, and would never ever go here again. The guy in the booth next to us returned the 3 entrees for his table and said he was taking his kids elsewhere to eat.

STAY AWAY!

SoCal
“Great Option in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2009

I have been visiting Wells for a long time and the food options are limited. This place has the feel of a real Maine restaurant. The coconut shrimp were the best! I would definitely go back for the good food and friendly service.

Davis, CA
“Family restaurant, there are better options”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2008

There are many options in the area, if you are traveling with the family and looking for a reasonably priced meal, then this is a decent option. But I would not go out of my way to eat here. It is very family friendly, but the food is just average. I would not go back.

United States
“Not so good this time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

We have been enjoying dinners at Mainiax for years and have always been happy. One summer we ate there 3 times during our week in Maine. This time however, we were disappointed. Three of us ordered steak tips med rare and they were all burned and tough. Waitress could have cared less. . Prices had gone up quite a bit since I was there last in May 2008. My dinner that was $14.99 then was now $18.99. Sorry Mainiax, guess that was our last visit.

1 Thank myersj125