“Great Fried Clams”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mike's Clam Shack

Mike's Clam Shack
Ranked #8 of 69 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Fried Clams”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I never order fried clams, but I figured this is the place to order them. We sat in an oversized booth near the cozy fire. It was a little after the lunch hour so nice and quiet. The waitress was pleasant and friendly. The fried clams were served hit and definitely fresh and served over French fries, also fresh and hot. Husband had fried haddock...very good and fresh. We shared a cup of clam chowder. It had plenty of clam meat. We usually don't order dessert but splurged with an apple crisp which was priced extremely reasonable, under $2.00. It was delicious...we shared it. Great restaurant, friendly hostess...zero attitude when we asked for the corner booth. I will return again when I'm hungry fir fried clams. Yum.

Visited December 2013

Spring Hill, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Service ever Experienced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

The bar had about 7 people sitting at it and we couldn't order a drink. After 1/2 hour left. Bartender was gabbing with a customer and gave us a look, "you got a problem I am not serving you"? Waitress only was serving our table and couldn't get to us. Was gabbing in the kitchen. Finally made her way over after 1/2 hour. Didn't see her again after getting the order. I had to get up and get our own items from there stations, "spoon, napkins, etc.". Had to ask another waitress for an item we forgot to order. Bottom line the staff here at this restaurant is the worst I think I have ever seen. Staff does not look for ways to make this restaurant money. The waitress said the special chowder was no longer available. But she didn't suggest another kind. Food was ok, but kind of greasy. By the time we finally got waited on, the gift shop closed and I wasn't able to buy items I had wanted to. More money the restaurant could have made...

• Visited December 2013
Shapleigh, Maine
“Great place for wings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Mike's has a fantastic sports bar and a superb selections of beers. the food is good and the service is very good. fair price for quality

Visited December 2013
Washington D.C. Metro Area
“Excellent lobster!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Wandering around in Wells Maine following a visit to a local cinema, we happened upon Mike's. Although the restaurant was near closing time, we were still accommodated. The food was rather expensive, but it was well prepared. The wait staff, in a hurry to close up, still did a great job, although the surly Maine attitude was well on hand. Despite the surly waitress, our meal was great, and I'm never too offended by surliness in Maine. I find it rather charming and have come to expect it from many of the older folks that are less than thrilled with us tourist types. That's fine. I'll continue to visit Maine, because it is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. AND I would eat at Mike's again, albeit, next time, we will dine early.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kittehgrl
Spencer, Massachusetts
“A little disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We are regulars at Mike and recently were told our favorite appetizer was going up in price during happy hour. I did not mind that but also found out they were reducing the portion size. The final blow came when they also took Guinness off happy hour. The waitresses are the best so we still go just not as much.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Mike's Clam Shack? Share your experiences!