“Group of 35 got good service on a Saturday night”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mike's Clam Shack

Mike's Clam Shack
Ranked #8 of 69 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, South Carolina
“Group of 35 got good service on a Saturday night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

There were about 35 of us going here, without a reservation, and they pleasantly placed us all together with about a 30 minute wait time. The parking lot was filled and I found this remarkable! We had a large variety of dishes and I didn't hear one complaint. the prices were reasonable for the location and amount of serving.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank MyrtleBeach60

Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Not as good as it was”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Used to be our most favorite seafood spot. They always had large tasty helpings for a great price. We now food the service not as friendly, more of a fast pace fast food attitude since they enlarged. They have tons of room, nice lounge and atmosphere, but very very busy on summer weeks. We have waited in the past but not this time. The food is good, fresh, and now equivalent to many places in Maine. Next time we will prefer Billys Chowder House over Mikes though.
I miss the old style friendliness with no rush attitude and big helpings.

• Visited August 2012
Dennis Port, Massachusetts
“A lobster roll , not a lobster bun.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We hadn't been back to Mikes in a couple of years. What brought us back was the geat lobster rolls they had. My wife ordered a lobster roll at $12.99 and I of ocourse ordered the jumbo at $20.99. When the order came I was shocked. My wifes roll was barely full with small stingy pieces of lobster. When mine arrived it was on a hamburger BUN,loaded with french fries ,a slice of tomatoe and a few leafes of lettuce.The lobster again was stringly, not a lot of chunks of meat. Need less to say we will never go back to Mikes again. Looking at other peoples orders they were small.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank hazelnutsMaine
Saratoga Springs, NY
“Tasty Dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

All their seafood is fresh and so tasty. Even in the off-season thy were pretty busy. I had the Lobster Pot pie which is real lobster topped with a seafood stuffing. (You can get it baked or broiled). The portion was small but filling. My wife enjoyed the fried whole clams; a generous portion. Another night we both had surf n turf with an 8oz NY strip with a nice size portion of gulf shrimp and my wife had the clams. The steak was a little on the rare side when we both ordered it medium. Still tasted good. Service was friendly and fast. There's a lot of seating so even in the summer, the wait shouldn't be long.

• Visited May 2013
Sanford, Maine
“Mike's became our daily stop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I picked up my friend from Florida at the airport and our first stop as we headed to the condo was Mike's. My friend enjoys fine dining and was very impressed with Mike's. We sat in the bar area, very relaxing and had an amazing dinner, haddock, steamers, stuffed mushrooms and a nice cold beer. The staff was friendly and we were so comfy we stayed for a while and then came back every day for a drink during his week long stay. Big fan!

Visited April 2013

Been to Mike's Clam Shack? Share your experiences!