“Friendly servers and happy customers”
Review of Mike's Clam Shack

Mike's Clam Shack
Ranked #10 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Friendly servers and happy customers”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

One thing to say first off, I have never in my years of service seen unfriendly servers and patrons complaining. The portions are large and the servers seem to love their customers.

As for the food. Two flaws. One is the salads are made with iceburg lettuce..boring. The second was my wife and sisters mashed potatoes were luke-warm.

That is it for the bad on the food. My chicken teriyaki was cooked fine, the two pound lobster was cooked to perfection, haddock was just right and the prime rib had nothing to complain about.

Come early, often there is a wait for tables.

Side note: Why don't Maine restaurants serve Veggies. Those that do seem few and far between.

Visited June 2012

easthampton
“It used to be really good”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband, sister and I ate in Mike's the other evening. We have been coming here for years. The meal we had was bad. We started with steamers which were tasteless. If I closed my eyes, I would never have guessed I was eating steamers. No taste at all. My sister ordered the twin lobsters--cooked to perfection. My husband had the prime rib and whole fried clams. The rib was good but the clams were greasy and so over cooked they were tough. Terrible. I ordered the fried haddock. It too was overcooked and tasteless. Mike--what has happened?

When we ate here about 2 months ago, we thought the food was not quite up to par. This time really bad. Go somewhere else and have a great dinner--pass on Mike's.

• Visited June 2012
Auburn, Maine
“Good food, Bad Service”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband, sister in law, & myself came here. We had 2 babies with us. Food was great. Husband & sister in law each got the lobster roll & clam chowder. They both enjoyed it and there was a good amount of meat in both. I got the BBQ Burger and it was great. Lot of options for people like me that don't like seafood. Our waitress took almost 10 minutes to get to our table to take our drink order. Then the food took a long time to come. She brought out the food for the adults before the food for the baby. Not very smart in my opinion, even if you don't have kids of your own. She then did not check in with us at all. We had to basically chase her down to get the check. It was a Saturday night at the start of summer but I still expect more.

• Visited June 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lobster Stew”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Good Fresh Food! Seafood chowder was weak on seafood but still tasted good. Mostly all haddock, Prime rib excellent. The food was very flavorful. I ate there two days in a row. I would go back again and tell my friends about it. Good find.

Visited May 2012
Baltimore, MD
“Lobster Stew at it's finest”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

If you happen to go during the right season, this place is one of the best seafood places I've visited...along the eastern seaboard. The portions are huge and the seafood is fresh.

If you go, order the buttery lobster stew. It's excellent.

I will admit, it has been a long time since I've been there....over 4 years ago.

• Visited June 2011

Been to Mike's Clam Shack? Share your experiences!