“Varano's Italian Restaurant”

Varano's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Varano's Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Well hello...We have going to Angelins's since they opened. It was our favorite place here. They are closed for the month of March so we decided to visit Varano's. It was a wonderful experience. The service was wonderful, very gracious hosts, and the food was out of this world. Definately going back. Would recomend this place to all my friends and family. Not to say that Angelina's lacked in any way, but Varno's was just as good. I give 5 stars to both places..........Tracy was our server and was very friendly, without being over bearing and acomodated all our needs !!! Pat and Linda

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Linda502

Eliot, Maine
“north end quality and quantity”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have dined out alot and we like very nice restaurants ,this is a very well run restaurant ,the food is excellant ,we had steak ,shrimp dish and chicken parm ,all 3 were great.appetizers ,dessert ,wine all very good ,service excellant and enough to take home for another meal.
this restaurant is not overpriced if you compare it to other restaurants with the same quality and quantity.

1 Thank mark s
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than the North End”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had dinner at Varano's last night with my cousin and aunt who was celebrating her 82nd birthday!
The bread is out of this world! Crispy crust delicious! The blue cheese salad dressing was my cousin's favorite. I had chicken parm and they had veal parm. Didn't even need a knife! The sauce was fabulous! Being from Boston and knowing the North End I believe Varano's beats them all!!!!!

1 Thank Neecee55
Holden, Massachusetts
“Best Restaurant in Wells MAINE!!! Varanos!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Dinner at Varanos tonight -- was AWESOME. We always order the Chix Parm dinner. It is HUGE and better than any Italian Restaurant in the North End in Boston - that's my opinion. Seriously!! Our waitress was Mary and I have to say that she gave EXCELLENT service. I would suggest going there anytime. It does get busy especially in the summer so plan ahead!

Sanford, Maine
“Special Place”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I went to Varano's on our first date and then for dinner 1 year later after he proposed on the beach. Roger Sibley, partner and general manager, made the occasion very special for the both of us. Since then, we go every Valentine's Day and when we are home (not vacationing) on our anniversary. The menu is a bit pricey, but the atmosphere and food is definitely worth it. Kind, friendly staff and we always see Roger there with a welcoming smile. I would highly recommend trying Varano's......I have a feeling that you will be back. Here is their link. http://www.varanos.com/aboutus.php

• Visited February 2012