“amazing italian!”

Varano's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed September 24, 2012

food and ambiance is incredible! We always go to Veranos our first night really sets the trip off right!

1  Thank makiko43
There are newer reviews for Varano's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed September 24, 2012

OK, so even though we are in Maine...we are not ALL seafood lovers, but even if you are there are some great choices. We were staying in Ogunquit and this was only a 10-15 minute ride, easy to find. Beautiful dinig room, attentive waitress, food was delicious!! great wine selection too! We have dined here every year when we visit and will be back again next year!!

1  Thank Christina M
Reviewed September 22, 2012

While staying at the Harbor Mist Resort in Wells Maine we were given two 30 dollars certificates to be used at various restaurants..The first night we chose Varano's, and were we glad we did..From the calamari to the veal marsala the food was delicious..my husband had ciopino and my grandaughter had spaghetti and meatballs...the meatballs were like momma's..we ate until we couldn't move..the desert menu is to die for....stop in if your in the area and enjoy an authentic Italian meal!!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The food was just wonderful. Everything was so flavorful and cooked perfectly. So close to Wells Beach and many of the motel/hotels.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We dined at Varano's again last evening. Varano's is a MUST when we are vacationing in Maine. Having most often visited during the summer season, it was nice not to wait to be seated, although it is always well worth it. Our waitress was pleasant, attentive and knowledgeable. After much debate among several tempting dishes, I settled on the Chicken Orvieto which I had had before. It did not disappoint, was every bit as good as I remembered. Although I must admit that I could happily make a meal on the warm crusty bread served with olive oil poured over freshly grated Parmesan cheese and minced garlic.My friend ordered the Rigatoni Bolognese, having a craving for a pasta, and was equally pleased with the choice. The portions were generous enough that we both took the extras home. Although we had neither cocktails nor appetizers, we received excellent service. We did indulge in dessert -- both the Almond Cream Cake and Italian Cheesecake (marscapone cheese with lemon, topped with fresh berries) were excellent. We will definitely be back.