“Best And Biggest Lobster Roll At The Bull And Claw”
Review of Bull And Claw

Bull And Claw
Ranked #29 of 76 Restaurants in Wells
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in Wells, The Bull N' Claw offers the highest quality seafood and steaks at the most reasonable prices with portions that will make you smile after every scrumptious bite! Over the past 36 years, we've become the destination for visitors to New England to enjoy deliciously fresh local seafood including our famous cape porpoise lobster, always prepared to order. It doesn't get any fresher or any better than Bull N' Claw.
Reviewed April 8, 2017

I'm so glad we stopped in at the Bull And Claw during our tour of the lower Maine beaches. We ordered one of their famous 2-foot long lobster rolls to go, and it was crazy good. They use the meat from 3 lobsters to make this sandwich, so it was perfect for the 3 of us. They use an entire baguette and add lettuce and mayo to the sandwich, so fyi. While waiting, we looked around the inside of the restaurant. It's pretty big, but cozy-looking, but looks like it could use a bit of an update. That won't stop us from going back, though - that lobster roll is worth the trip.

Daryl T, Owner at Bull And Claw, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

I'm thrilled you stopped in too, Grace -- thank you so much for the kind words! That lobster roll is always a good choice, and I'm glad you three had the chance to try it out for yourselves. Hope you'll make it back again someday for another bite!

Take care,

Reviewed April 1, 2017

Have dined a few times here and never disappointed. Atmosphere warm and cozy, food consistently good and excellent service.The Prime Rib open face sandwich is EXCELLENT!

Daryl T, Owner at Bull And Claw, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Wendy, we're really glad that you love our service and food! We hope to earn those last two stars from you on your next visit with our open faced prime rib sandwich.

Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

After driving past this establishment almost daily I decided today was the day-
I Stopped in for a late lunch/ early dinner.
Best service around!
A few interesting tap beers, of course I needed to try one : )
The BEST salad bar I have seen for some time. I added it into my meal,
Which was very delightful!

I am so very pleased with my stop and will stop again!

Lay back, relaxing, clean, comfortable with great food!

Daryl T, Owner at Bull And Claw, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

Cynthia, thanks for stopping in and seeing us! It's wonderful to know that you enjoyed our wide beer selection and unmatched salad bar!

We can't wait to have you in again for more great times.

Reviewed March 22, 2017 via mobile

Went with the hubby on a date night!
Service was fantastic. Steak was the best steak I have ever had. After food we stayed for the entertainment. Great night. Highly recommend this place

Daryl T, Owner at Bull And Claw, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2017

Claire, thanks for coming to see us for a great date night! It was our pleasure to serve you the best steak you've ever had -- what a wonderful compliment.

We can't wait to see you and your husband again soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2017

There were so many choices to pick from. This is a steak and seafood place and we got the baked stuffed lobsters. The stuffing was excellent and there were big pieces of shrimp and scallops in it. The rolls are the best I have had in any restaurant. Prices are very reasonable and this is a good restaurant for picky eaters because there is something for everyone on the menu. We also had the pleasure of having one of the best waitresses I have ever had.

Daryl T, Owner at Bull And Claw, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Cathy, it's wonderful to read that you loved your time with us. It was our pleasure to host you for a fantastic meal, and the stuffed lobsters were a phenomenal choice! We can't wait to have you back.

Daryl T, Owner since 1973

Been to Bull And Claw? Share your experiences!