“Good food and Service”
Review of Bull And Claw

Bull And Claw
Ranked #20 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in Wells, The Bull N' Claw offers the highest quality seafood and steaks at the most reasonable prices with portions that will make you smile after every scrumptious bite! Over the past 36 years, we've become the destination for visitors to New England to enjoy deliciously fresh local seafood including our famous cape porpoise lobster, always prepared to order. It doesn't get any fresher or any better than Bull N' Claw.
Dover, New Hampshire
“Good food and Service”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to the Bull and Claw. We were seated right away so that was plus on a Saturday night but It was winter. The rolls are fabulous! The service was okay, nothing special like in some other reviews. We did not have the salad bar, so i can not comment. It did take a long time for our food to come out, which seemed strange by the crowd level but our waitress did a good job keeping us posted. I had sirloin and stuffed scallops which were both very good. (Broccoli over cooked and mushy) my husband has fried clams and scallops, huge helping and great fried seafood. Overall the place reminds me of a place my grandparents would go to, so definitely homey. Nothing fancy but good food and decent service. We probably will return the next time we are in the area.

Visited March 2014

Kennebunkport, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dat Waitress”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Came here to dinner over the weekend with a large group of friends from Boston. Although we had to wait to be seated longer than expected, the food was fantastic. But the best thing about our time there was our waitress Amelia. Her sense of humor made the entire experience something we all talked and raved about even after we had left and gone home. Truly a wonderful person to have and the Bull n Claw is lucky to have someone so engaging and friendly with the customers. Plus she was hot and that never hurts.
9/10 would dine again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank HOOAAAAAA
Bay City, Michigan
“Great food, even better service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

On a visit through Maine we stopped for dinner. The breaded mushrooms were some of the best we've ever had! The food was great, but best of all our waitress Amelia did an outstanding job above and beyond! Great experience and thanks for recommending the short drive to Portland :)

• Visited March 2014
Vermont
“Reminder of days gone by...”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We've been coming to Wells for over 37 years, but never tried this restaurant. Being winter, several places were closed so we decided to try something different. The wait staff seemed very nice. Our waitress was great. Unfortunately, our meals were both overcooked. I had broiled haddock, 3 stuffed shrimp and scallop casserole. The best part of the meal was the baked potato. My husband had prime rib and the scallop casserole. Prime rib was thin, but cooked to order. Scallop s were overdone and dry, like mine. I don't know what good complaining would've done since I didn't want more food or a free meal, I wanted it right in the first place. Too bad, since this place reminds me of restaurants that are no longer around in my area.

• Visited February 2014
Tolland
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This establishment, as evidenced by the reviews, is all over the place when rating it. In general, we like it but we have had good and bad experiences. On our first stop, the waiter seemed to disappear for long periods of time, but we got the feeling he was new. We don't use the salad bar and tend to have the same thing, so I can only comment on a few items on the menu. Their clam chowder is better than some but still lacking. My husbands gets steamers which are fine, and loves their fried clams, which are far better than in other places in the area. I LOVE their cheeseburgers. We have stopped four times now. On one stop, the bun for my cheeseburger and the bread for my husband's open faced sandwich was burned, and I am talking burned, not just dark. I was surprised the waitress didn't refuse to bring it to our table until it was replaced. The place wasn't even busy so I wonder what was going on in the kitchen to serve something like that. But on our recent visit, the food was fine and my cheeseburger was fantastic! One complaint though - that the rolls weren't out of the oven yet and disappointingly showed up after we were done with our appetizers, at which point they were unnecessary with our chosen meals. Needless to say, the food and service are inconsistent and may be good or not so good. We will continue to patronize the Ball and Claw but never know what we are going to get. They need to pay more attention if they want to keep their patrons.

• Visited February 2014

Been to Bull And Claw? Share your experiences!