“A wonderful 75th Birthday Party for my mom.”
Review of Bull And Claw

Bull And Claw
Ranked #26 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in Wells, The Bull N' Claw offers the highest quality seafood and steaks at the most reasonable prices with portions that will make you smile after every scrumptious bite! Over the past 36 years, we've become the destination for visitors to New England to enjoy deliciously fresh local seafood including our famous cape porpoise lobster, always prepared to order. It doesn't get any fresher or any better than Bull N' Claw.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We recently chose the Bull and Claw for my Mom's 75th Birthday party for 34 people and were very pleased with all the special attention to detail that we got from all the staff. Daryl was very helpful in the set up of all the little details prior to the event. On the day of the event Robin, Amelia and Brit were fantastic at helping to set our special room up to look just the way I wanted it. Tony , the chef created some very special appetizers which got rave reviews. The atmosphere was casual and fun. The food was served in a timely mannor and the party was a complete success thanks to the hard work of this competent staff. We would deffinitely consider the Bull and Claw for our next event. Many thanks. Vicki

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I am from the area originally and I used to eat there almost every week during the Kiwanis meetings. We had a living social certificate, so I went there for the first time since the 1980's. It was a good value back then as it was this weekend. The fried clams were very light and crispy. She had the shrimp scampi and that was great as well. The atmosphere is cozy but not fancy. Then again, people have always gone there for the FOOD :)

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Reasonable price - something for every taste. I took a group there and was looking for a place everyone would like without dropping a bundle. It was good. I had some great crab crusted salmon.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My fiance and I went to the Bull and Claw on Nov. 30th for our 6 year anniversary and engagement (that happened 2 hours prior lol). We had attempted to go to the Main Diner but they had closed early. Despite being frequent visitors to Maine, we had never been to the Bull & Claw--we decided to give it a chance. We are so glad we did! The service was prompt, the food was delicious with huge servings, and when the waitress, Amelia, overheard that Bryan had just proposed... she provided us with a delicious and FREE dessert!

When there was an error with our order and I received clams instead of scallops, they immediately rectified the situation and didn't charge us extra or take back the wrong order. There was enough food for us both to eat two meals.

The Bull & Claw made our anniversary/engagement super special and I am so glad we could celebrate there! We will definitely be back and have told all of our friends and family to give them a chance! :)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Returning from a shopping trip to Maine, I stopped in here just before 4:00 PM.

I was seated in a booth across from the gas fireplace which was on full at the time. The glass doors were open so the fireplace was making the main dining room cozy warm.

The lunch menu is available until 4:00 PM so I was able to select from the Lunch Menu, enabling me to turn lunch into an early dinner. I ordered the Lite-Bite Baked Haddock at $7.99. It came with steamed broccoli with a light coating of Hollandaise sauce. That was nice touch. The top of the haddock was covered with herbs that added extra flavor. It was an enjoyable meal.

Service was good.

I’ve dined at the Bull and Claw before. I’ve dined solo and with friends and larger groups. I’ve never had a bad or even so-so meal here. It’s a family restaurant that one can depend on for good meals at popular prices. It also has a Senior Menu and a Children’s Menu.

1  Thank Maurene_K