“horrible” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bull And Claw

Bull And Claw
Ranked #18 of 68 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in Wells, The Bull N' Claw offers the highest quality seafood and steaks at the most reasonable prices with portions that will make you smile after every scrumptious bite! Over the past 36 years, we've become the destination for visitors to New England to enjoy deliciously fresh local seafood including our famous cape porpoise lobster, always prepared to order. It doesn't get any fresher or any better than Bull N' Claw.
Saco, Maine
“horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is a tourist trap... it was overpriced and overcooked seafood. For a Maine restaurant they should be ashamed! The service wasn't great and the food was awful. Tough steak and tough lobster doesn't cut it with so many better choices available in southern Maine.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Norwood, Massachusetts
“A place for old people...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Okay, my husband and I didn't want to drive far so we were up in the air whether we should go to The Maine Diner or this place. Neither places had great reviews so we went here because it was easier to pull into off the road. The rolls by far are the only amazing thing going on at this place, which why I'm giving an extra star. Our waitress was helpful and offered a coloring book to my daughter we we'd have a chance to eat our food when it came. The salad bar is nothing special. My husband got the fillet, it actually wasn't that bad but my overpriced tenderloin was very salty. This is a place my 65 yr old father in law would love but if you've travelled and enjoy good food go else where. This place looks like Gordon Ramsey is going to walk thru the door at any moment to do a show for Kitchen Nightmares.

• Visited November 2013
Kittery Point, Maine
“I love the Lobster...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

And so will you too! They have a great salad bar with home made soups and fresh rolls that go well with the tasty butter. I like the drinking bar the best for atmosphere but the rest of the place could use some updating. Service can be really good but lacks a bit when they get busy in the summer. The place is big and has lots of capacity, so it takes over flow from the more famous Maine Diner across the street. But for the most part you will always get a table, but you just might have to wait a bit to place your order once you are seated.

Visited October 2013
Framingham, MA
“An OK meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We ate this past August at the Bull n Claw. The wait was lengthy and we expected that the popularity was justified. Unfortunately the meal did not live up to expectation. In an area with outstanding seafood opportunities, the meal was so so. The rolls were stale, the service slow, and the salad bar (which was supposed to be the big draw) was tired and sparse. The waitress was very pleasant and did her best to make the meal enjoyable (she could not speed up the kitchen). Given the number of outstanding seafood restaurants in the Wells/Ogunquit area, I would choose another place for seafood.

Visited August 2013
Toronto
“Worth the drive!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just south of Kennebunk, Maine in Wells on Route 1 you will find a quaint restaurant that serves up great food at great prices.Six of us dined here on a Saturday afternoon and enjoyed the experience tremendously. The portions and pricing were bot generous. I had the two foot long lobster roll and could not finish it from shear size. Others had a great baked haddock and some the seafood platters. I had visited this location five years before and drove along Route 1 from Boston knowing I would find it. Well worth the drive! for the naysayers in other reviews I wonder if we were at the same restaurant. This was a great afternoon.

• Visited October 2013