“Large portions at a great price.”
Review of Bull And Claw

Bull And Claw
Ranked #25 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in Wells, The Bull N' Claw offers the highest quality seafood and steaks at the most reasonable prices with portions that will make you smile after every scrumptious bite! Over the past 36 years, we've become the destination for visitors to New England to enjoy deliciously fresh local seafood including our famous cape porpoise lobster, always prepared to order. It doesn't get any fresher or any better than Bull N' Claw.
Massachusetts
“Large portions at a great price.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My fiance and I stopped into the Bull n' Claw for dinner during a weekend vacation. I had the clam strip dinner and my fiance had the fish n' chips. The strips and fish were perfectly fried to a golden crisp. The prices were very fair for the large portions of food that we received. Our server Denise was very pleasant and attentive.

Bristol, Vermont
“Perfectly Cooked!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to the Bull and Claw two days in a row, just to make sure the first time wasn't a fluke. We ordered a single lobster, clam strips, fried shrimp and scallops. Everything was cooked to perfection! The lobster was just perfect, not overcooked. The clam strips were not chewy, but sweet and melts in your mouth and the scallops were AWESOME! The food was reasonably priced, the staff was friendly. Our food came out in under 15 minutes but the check took a little while. All in all, a very nice place to eat.

• Visited March 2013
North Andover
“Great Food, Comfortable Atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I visit the Maine coast once or twice a year during the winter months to avoid the crowds. We've never been to Bull n Claw and stopped in for lunch. The food was terrific, salad bar and soups were great, and you could go for seconds! Our server, Shelley, was friendly and conversant. We liked the atmosphere with wide wood flooring. Although not a busy time of year,
we did notice what it looked like some 'regulars' there eating and enjoying their meals. We thought for the meal we ate the prices were very reasonable. Thank you, we will be back!

• Visited February 2013
Saugus
“Good prices”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Home cooking and good prices..Atmosphere is just ok great breakfast buffet . On route 1 in Wells easy to find.

• Visited October 2012
Sanford, ME
“Quality of food makes up for lack of decor!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The ambiance at Bull and Claw is lackluster at best. Honestly, it's borderline tacky. But when we go out for seafood, it's not to look at the walls but to have good food and LOTS of it - which is exactly what you will get at the Bull and Claw. The lobster roll was very large and very good - lots of chunks, little mayo, and overstuffed inside a hearty bread that is somewhere in size between a large hotdog roll and a small sub roll. My husband's scallops were sweet, tender and succulent, and my mixed drink was definitely more spirits than juice. (One is all I needed, should have stopped there, after the 2nd the rest of the evening was a blur. Oops! Strong is an understatement). We will definitely be back. Our server, Denise, was a delight. Very prompt, friendly and attentive. Thanks for a great night out!

• Visited March 2013

Been to Bull And Claw? Share your experiences!