“Don't go!”
Review of Bull And Claw

Bull And Claw
Ranked #27 of 70 Restaurants in Wells
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in Wells, The Bull N' Claw offers the highest quality seafood and steaks at the most reasonable prices with portions that will make you smile after every scrumptious bite! Over the past 36 years, we've become the destination for visitors to New England to enjoy deliciously fresh local seafood including our famous cape porpoise lobster, always prepared to order. It doesn't get any fresher or any better than Bull N' Claw.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very bad food and pricy. Restaurant does not look clean and seems like you are eating in a cafeteria. We saw so much publicity and took the drive from Ogunquit to Wells but very disapoinnting. Spent 75$ for 2 and terrible meal. They publicies that there is a salad ans soup bar but they had 3.99$ to a very pricey dish................

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We visited just before closing time but got great food and service anyway. I got twin lobsters for $20. My friend had the Fra Davalo with shrimp - both tasty. Homemade garlic rolls and nice salad bar. Will definitely return.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We go to Wells Maine every August for two weeks for the past 20 years. This year we decided that we would try to give places we have not checked out a chance. That included places that we normally do not go to which are more geared towards what appears to be price an abundance over quality and value. One such place we have never eaten because we felt it would not meet our expectations was the bone claw. Since we were being adventurous this year we did try it and realize it was exactly how it was perceived by us. While the restaurant staff is friendly they do seem to be disorganized. The menu seems appealing but upon trying out some of the items it was just average all-you-can-eat type of food. They did have some interesting alcoholic drinks but again this is" family oriented" restaurant and not a place that I would be looking for that type of beverage with my meal. The real dealbreaker for me was there were flies everywhere. This is an indoor restaurant with limited doors. No matter how large the facility and this is a big facility you should never have to be dealing with showing flies away from e-mail or table. And certainly there is no excuse for this happening in an indoor facility. If you are like the Griswold's you will like this place otherwise keep driving by.

1  Thank Lowelllou
BullnClaw, Director of Sales at Bull And Claw, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

We don't charge for the flies... they are free (in August) while supplies last.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just ate there while on vacation with my wife and sister, we all agree that this is by far the best resturant in the areaI have to mention our server Colin, a most likeable young man, very efficent and curtious. We are plannimg to returm next year.
Happy traveler from Montreal, Camada

1  Thank Guitarman19
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We first visited the Bull & Claw last November for my birthday and had a wonderful meal. We hadn't been since and were excited to try it again. The restaurant was busier but we were able to be seated immediately. We were seated in a booth and it soon became a joke when we realized how much our table shook whenever anyone walked past. I ordered a seafood combo, my husband a surf and turf and my son ordered the chicken tenders. It wasn't easy ordering because our waiter apparently spoke broken English and could not understand our orders or questions and we couldn't understand him either. He was very pleasant, but it was frustrating for both sides. Our food came next. My husband's steak was bland and the shrimp had a strange, almost frozen taste. The shrimp in my dinner tasted the same. My son's chicken tenders were very overcooked and dry and his potatoes cold. One bright point were the fried clams. They were very good and not a bit of grit. As native Mainers, we have been to many seafood restaurants in the area. Although our first visit was wonderful, this recent visit left a worse taste in our mouths than the shrimp. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Mbeasley8001

Been to Bull And Claw? Share your experiences!