“Best lobster pie”
Review of Bull And Claw

Bull And Claw
Ranked #23 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in Wells, The Bull N' Claw offers the highest quality seafood and steaks at the most reasonable prices with portions that will make you smile after every scrumptious bite! Over the past 36 years, we've become the destination for visitors to New England to enjoy deliciously fresh local seafood including our famous cape porpoise lobster, always prepared to order. It doesn't get any fresher or any better than Bull N' Claw.
Reviewed December 10, 2007

My wife and I had an early dinner, December 10th, 2007 at this establishment. We are from Chicopee , in western MA. We visit Wells, several times a year and in the off season compare the local restaurants for summer visits. We were greeted by our server, Donna, a most friendly and accommodating person. All I can say is the lobster pie with seafood stuffing and newburg sauce was the finest I have tasted in Maine, AND the green beans with roasted peppers were unbeleivably tasty. Have to make at home. We will be back in March for another great meal!

Reviewed November 5, 2007

My husband and I have dined here several times on trips to Maine. While we have enjoyed the lobster dinners, I was somehat disturbed by the lack of cleanliness at the salad bar. The tomatoes were actually dirty to the point that I had to wash them off at the table. They obviously had not been rinsed off. I don't think that I would return here when others have also observed an unsatisfactory food handling environment.

2  Thank CaptainMidnight49
Reviewed September 8, 2007

Five of us stopped into the Bull and Claw on Rte.1 in Wells, Maine when we found our original destination had closed sometime between last year and this. Although we missed our old favorite, we weren't disappointed by this place as our next choice. The menu was able to accomodate the fish lovers and the vegans and the variations in between. An excellent scampi with very fresh mussels and large, perfectly prepared shrimp was excellent. Stuffed haddock specials disappeared. An eggplant parmesan with marinara sauce hit the spot, and, although the vegan member of our group could only really choose the salad bar, for $10 she was completely satisfied by a good selection of very fresh veggies and some prepared salad dishes that were nicely done. Our friendly (but not TOO friendly) waitress Kathleen appeared promptly, helped our selection process with good and accurate information, was attentive and flexible, and never left us feeling either neglected or haunted. The extensive menu should gratify many different tastes making this a good choice for groups. This is definitely a family type restaurant - don't go there to propose, or to impress an important client - but for good food, well prepared and generous portions, The Bull and Claw is a great choice for dining in the Wells/Ogunquit area.

Reviewed September 2, 2007

As someone who has been going to Wells for the past 15 years, I've only eaten here a few times, and it has been because every other place has too long a wait. I think the only reason they are still in business is because of that very reason, and people sick of waiting at the Maine Diner across the street just go there.

Their food is very poor quality. It doesn't taste fresh. Their fries, onion rings, etc. all taste frozen. The quality of the vegies isn't great either. THERE'S A REASON EVERYTHING ELSE HAS A WAIT AND THEY DON'T.

5  Thank RedSoxRox
Reviewed August 15, 2007

This has got to be the worst breakfast buffet I have ever been to.
Yes they had alot of food but things tasted mediocre or worse...things looked unappetizing....like grey blueberry pancakes that were stuck to the serving tray...the worst part I felt was that all the serving dishes were covered so you had no idea what was in them...you had to lift the lid, place the lid on the lid of the dish next to it in order to serve yourself AND many of the lids had no handles so - it was just not enjoyable to lift hot metal lids with your hands...I found myself avoiding some items that were just too hot for me to lift the lids to see what was under them. Not only that but service was slow...the restaurant was 1/2 empty but took waitress forever to check if we needed refils on our coffee/ drinks...then getting the check paid was another long wait. Not an enjoyable experience. Horrible breakfast buffet.

5  Thank Mom2NY

Been to Bull And Claw? Share your experiences!