“Good food, long wait”
Review of The Steakhouse

The Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food, long wait”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I usually come here a couple of times a year on family trips to Maine. The food is good, I like their filet mignon and I most recently got the baked scallops, which were fantastic. They have a lot of menu options if you're not interested in steak, and they have a variety of sides for all the entrees.

The major downside to this place is the wait- I've never waited less than 30 minutes, even in the off season. Sometimes we've had to leave because even though we were willing to wait there was nowhere left to park.

Nashua, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfectly cooked steak!!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Absolutely delicious!!! Perfectly cooked steak. Great drinks, salad and plenty of rolls. Service was excellent and friendly. Will be coming back often

Visited May 2013
Erving
“Excellent meal and great service!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We went on a busy Saturday night so had to wait a bit but was worth the wait. My husband had the teriyaki steak and i had the petite filet. Both cooked to order perfectly. The house potatoes were delicious and a side order of sautéed mushrooms made for a perfect entree. I usually do not finishmy whole meal but i ate every bite!

Lebanon, Maine
“What happen to the tender juicy steaks!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We go to the steakhouse a few times every year. Has always been excellent until this past Sat. There was 8 in our party, everyone had either a steak plate, or a meal with steak tips and something else. Three of us had filet mignon, and I had the 14 oz. ribeye. We all ordered them medium. Mine was way over done, all dried out, tough as leather and had no flavor whatsoever. It was so bad that I could not eat it. The filet mignons were not much better, all complained of being over cooked and no flavor. I have always ordered medium everytime I have been there. The steak tips were fair, but nothing they would ever order again. Also the menu on line has the steaks listed as a dollar cheaper than they are on the restaurant menu. A pretty discouraging evening, plus shelling out about $250.00 for the afair. Will be a long time before we go there again, if ever.

4 Thank wezooom
Syracuse, New York
“Mouth Watering”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Pretty darn good steaks and apps, but always a very long wait, so do not go there if you are famished. Great atmosphere, unique look. Not worth a two hour wait though, go off season if possible.

• Visited September 2013