“We Were Treated Poorly” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Steakhouse

The Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Palm Springs, California
“We Were Treated Poorly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were treated brusquely and with attitude. This place is so busy they don't really care if you stay or go -- they treat customers are dispensable and easily replaced by the steady stream of tourists. The hostess was so rude that we turned and left, so I can't speak to the food, but given the large crowd waiting 45 minutes to an hour for a table I suppose it must be okay.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank GWTracy

Sterling, Massachusetts
“Always a Sure Thing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This Steakhouse is as good as the Hill Top in Saugus, MA was!
No frills dining...just great steak!
Starts off with a salad and warm rolls!
I have only had Steak here, but others in my party have stated everything they've had was very good as well.
There's usually a wait for dining here....but well worth it!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Albany, NY
“Can't beat The Steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

After many years of vacationing in Ogunquit and traveling up to Wells for dinner, it's still striking how people line up for the doors to open each night. My wife and I arrived at 4:15 and were about 40th in line and by 4:30 there had to be over 100 people. The entire restaurant is filled up immediately and the staff is off and running. It's truly amazing how well they perform with that large number of people seated at once. This was our 19th anniversary dinner and at least the eighth time we've eaten here. My wife ordered the small filet mignon while I chose the lazy lobster. Each came with a salad and side vegetable and bread. Our server couldn't have been any better. She was friendly, attentive and timely. The filet was cooked to perfection and just the right size. My lobster was a good size portion and delicious with the drawn butter. There's a nice wine list to consider with a good, inexpensive chardonnay worth ordering. For dessert we shared a strawberry shortcake served in a large sundae glass (yum). Wr are already looking forward to coming back for our 20th anniversary next September 10th.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 14alnjan
New York
“Not as good as I remember.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I were looking forward to our return visit to The Steakhouse. Everything was as we remembered, but the portions were pretty small. I ordered the "Lazy Lobster", which was supposed to be equivalent to the meat of two one-pound lobsters. It was a smallish dish of lobster meat, and although it was tasty, I felt it was overpriced at $25.99. My husband got steak and lobster...steak was good, but lobster tail was tough. Service was average....I wouldn't return, based upon this meal...and the place was MOBBED. Not sure why.

Visited September 2013
Plattsburgh
“Never a Disappointment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

THE STEAKHOUSE in Wells Maine is not to be missed if you want a delicious meal. We've had dinner here at least 5 times and no one is ever disappointed with their food..or service. This is an outstanding value and definitely great steaks. The TRICK though, is if you don't want a long wait go as near to 5pm as possible. Just the cars in the parking lot tell the story:). My friends have ordered a variety of dinners including pasta, seafood and of course the steaks and everyone is always pleased. Their SISTER property LORDS Harborside serves great seafood as well...down on Harbor Road! Go, you won't be sorry!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles