“Get your lazy lobster and steak here!”
Review of The Steakhouse

The Steakhouse
Ranked #5 of 70 Restaurants in Wells
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This restaurant is amazing and definitely worth the trip. Arrive at Steakhouse prior to their opening at 4 pm. It does get packed and you will have to wait. We got in when the doors opened at 4 and there was a line...we were at the front of the line. Eat upstairs as you may have an ocean view. Our server Paula was excellent in helping us choose from their extensive menu. The lazy lobster for $24.99 is a huge serving of soft tender steamed which has been removed from the shell and floats in hot butter. The bbq beans are fabulous with pork and sirloin found in them. Try the house potatoes and corn with peppers. Filet mignon and rib eyes are delicious.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

His restaurant does not take reservations. We arrived early evening and had about a 20 minute wait. We waited in the lounge where I over indulged in a very well made lemon drop martini. We were seated a short time after and had a great waiter. Seeing that we had drinks he brought rolls and water. I had the small filet mignon, I orderred cooked well done and it was delicious!! Cooked perfectly. It is a very rare experience whereSteak is cooked well and not dried out or shriveled up. This was yummmo. A word about salads - they were both served crisp and chilled. They were also great. This is a dont miss for steak lovers at the ocean!

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

When I told my co-workers I was going to Maine three of them independently said I had to eat at the Steakhouse. So I guess I was expecting something really special. Definitely a great place with a nice atmosphere and excellent, friendly service.

We were told the wait could be very long so we arrived at 3:45pm and were seated by 4:10 (they open at 4pm). They are very efficient and seat and serve very quickly.

Both of us had the filet mignon which was good but not great. I.e. good flavor but not melt in your mouth, cut the steak with your fork.

We enjoyed the meal and the service but it wouldn't be something I'd wait 2 hours in line for...

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was born in raised in Wells, Maine and I can tell you that the Steakhouse is the all around best restaurant in Wells, The Steakhouse has great food. I have never had a meal that I did not like. They have awesome steaks, good ribs, and the bread is delicious. The decor is very nice but also casual great for family dinners or dates. The service is always very friendly while still remaining very professional and giving a sort of fine dining experience. The only bad thing about the Steakhouse is how popular it is which has a consequence of very long wait times. I would recommend anyone trying to eat there to get there around 5 pm. They do have a bar and waiting area for people to get drinks and a lounge downstairs. Out of the many restaurants in both Wells and Ogunquit I would honestly say that the Steakhouse is the best one in town and I know that many other locals would agree with me.

2  Thank Dustin B
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Food was very good as it has been in the past. That being said a fifty five minute wait for a table turned into an hour and a half or more. We arrived around 7:20 and did not sit down at a table until
9:00. The service was "ok" but our wait person was clearly tired and frustrated. I can't say I blame her.
We are regulars at the steak house. We visit almost every time we go to Wells. Ou could depend on a 30 minute wait being that or less. I was with my sisters and one had a dizzy spell from a blood sugar drop because of the wait. First time I have felt disappointed:(

Been to The Steakhouse? Share your experiences!