“Best Beef Around”
Review of The Steakhouse

The Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Essex, Vermont
“Best Beef Around”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Not only does The Steakhouse have the best beef around, they also have wonderful seafood meals. Their home made rolls are also excellent. I'm hooked, I will definitely return my next time in Maine.

• Visited June 2013

Manchester
“Loved It”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food here was excellent. I had baked scallops and they were the best I have ever eaten. There was 9 of us and everyone loved their meal. The desserts weren't the best and our waitress could have been friendlier, but I would definitely go back for the food.

Visited July 2013
Holliston, Massachusetts
“The best place to get a steak.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We always eat here on our vacation to Maine. We have never been disappointed in the food or the service. You will have to wait for a table but they do a good job of getting you in as soon as they can.

Everything we have ever ordered has been fresh and delicious. The only slight is the house salad. It's pretty boring. The steaks are tender and delicious. Leave room for the blueberry cobbler!

• Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Hurray steak!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

After deciding to take a break from fish, lobster and clam chowder, we decided to hit up The Steakhouse. I've gone to many steakhouses in my life and I can't say that this is the best steak ever, but for what its worth, I was very satisfied. I ordered the 16 ounce sirloin and it was cooked perfectly. It was tender and had no fat on it. It was like a juicy Filet Mignon. The service was great as well, she knew the entire menu and got everything correct, hard to do for a table of 10. I highly recommend The Steakhouse for a change in Maine dining. The menu has so much that I'm sure you'll find something to your liking. Hurray steak!

• Visited July 2013
Florida
“You don't have to ask, "Where's the beef?"”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A delightful hostess advised we had about an hour's wait for dinner, but within 30 minutes and a smart owner who has additional places to purchase beverages while you wait, we were seated at a nice table with a busy but friendly server who knew her stuff. Wish we'd had room for dessert!!

Visited July 2013